cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torklift Stableload Mystery - SOLVED!

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
On a trip 4 weeks ago, the wife heard annoying squeaking coming from my springs while hauling the Lance TC. I rolled my window down and heard the noise too (I am sort of hard of hearing in the presence of the wife).

I was cleaning my truck today (heading to Branson for the Midwest Truck Camper & Friends Christmas Rally) and noticed the rubber portion of my 4 Stableloads were MIA! Gone! Leaving me with metal on metal contact when the Lance is loaded. That is where the noise is being generated. Also the truck squats a little lower too.

I saved the original pads and will install tomorrow. I doubt Torklift can get replacements to me fast enough.

Has anyone else ever lost the rubber portion of their Stableloads?
29 REPLIES 29

whazoo
Explorer
Explorer
it seems we have a new moderator?

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Come on guys, we do lot of things for entertainment and not always manage to be funny, but 4 replies in the row with absolutely 0 value?

whazoo
Explorer
Explorer
"Start screwing with heavy weights", "start screwing like driving with tanks full"? What a screwy thing to say.

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
That's when you cannot deny being full of it.

LOL

Bedlam
That's when you cannot deny being full of it.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Bedlam wrote:

How do they work hanging in the air?

They don't. Whole idea of overloads is to not to do anything till the owner start screwing with heavy weights.
When I load my camper, mu pucks still hang in the air. Driving motion will push them in contact, but still not much weight till I hit a bump, or start screwing like driving with rear tanks filled.

Luv driving with my tanks full!LOL

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:

They don't. Whole idea of overloads is to not to do anything till the owner start screwing with heavy weights.
When I load my camper, mu pucks still hang in the air. Driving motion will push them in contact, but still not much weight till I hit a bump, or start screwing like driving with rear tanks filled.

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
Just went out and checked mine. They still look fine.

I bought the truck from the original owner Jan 2009 with 72,511 miles on it and put the upper stable loads on shortly after. It now has 226,424 miles. The vast majority of those miles have been with a Northstar 8.5 Arrow and my current AF 990 on the truck, including a trip to Alaska with each camper.

Torklift makes good stuff. I have the stable loads, frame mounted tiedowns, fastguns, Super Hitch, and Super Truss.
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet

B-n-B
Explorer III
Explorer III
JumboJet wrote:
On a trip 4 weeks ago, the wife heard annoying squeaking coming from my springs while hauling the Lance TC. I rolled my window down and heard the noise too (I am sort of hard of hearing in the presence of the wife).

I was cleaning my truck today (heading to Branson for the Midwest Truck Camper & Friends Christmas Rally) and noticed the rubber portion of my 4 Stableloads were MIA! Gone! Leaving me with metal on metal contact when the Lance is loaded. That is where the noise is being generated. Also the truck squats a little lower too.

I saved the original pads and will install tomorrow. I doubt Torklift can get replacements to me fast enough.

Has anyone else ever lost the rubber portion of their Stableloads?

Hope they get them to you in time. I bolted mine on about 10 years ago and they're still there working great.
2019 Chevy 3500HD LTZ DRW
2021 Lance 975

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Since you ask. Camper is off, so they are hanging like yours.
The 2 outer bolts hold only upper pucks, while center pan head bolt sits countersink via both.

Click For Full-Size Image.

Thanks for pics. Nice set up.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
The way I see it, it is the upper overload that gives you flexible weight carrying.
The lower spring is more like suspension stop - it will not give much so when you get to it, the ride has to be very harsh.
Worth to mention here, that sulastic hangers do increase comfort quite a bit.

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
finsruskw wrote:
The weight belongs on the lowers. That's why they are there.
You will notice a world of difference.

Ridiculous -- both carry weight fine.
Cal

Bedlam
Kayteg1 wrote:
The 2 outer bolts hold only upper pucks, while center pan head bolt sits countersink via both.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer