cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trailer Life Awards

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
Jan 2014 issue of Trailer Life just released the 2013 reader awards in 27 categories of over 100 brands. These ratings are determined by RV users not manufacturers...

Here's some of the Gold Awards (1st Place):
Trailers: Keystone
Hitches: Equalizer
Tires: Michelin
Frig: Dometic

Woodglue, thought you would like to know that Lance was picked #1 in truck campers. :B :C
Happy trails,
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W
27 REPLIES 27

azwildcat
Explorer
Explorer
The Contents page of the Towing Guide states that it is sponsored by Ford and Starcraft. Probably why we see the Ford on the cover.

BigPackFan
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
do any of these selections happen to advertise in TL?
bumpy

Of course they do. But that has no bearing on the outcome of the survey. It's a readers choice survey. If you read the magazine you would note that not all winner advertise in it.

Why read when you can just criticize?

BPF
Searching for the right RV
2007 GMC Envoy

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
BillB800si wrote:

If you feel that way then why do you subscribe to the magazine???
Advertising in TL had nothing to do with the survey of "TL READERS". BTW, Consumers Reports gets their annual auto survey from "users" of the products. ... I do my own research and TL happens to be one of many sources.....
Happy trails,

I like TL for the same reasons you stated. I do like to read about new products and see pictures of the new trailers and such. My point was simply, I don't take what they say as "gospel" as you also stated. I also have no problem with their reader surveys. It is the over the top coverage of Ford trucks in their tow magazine that I was talking about.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
aftermath wrote:
I just read my copy and agreed with a few of the "winners". I look at this as a popularity contest, nothing more. Those who have 'em write about them and as you often see in this forum, the more money you spend on something, the better it has to be.I have a little more respect for CR in that they try to be objective whereas TL has a lot more advertising money involved. Have you even noticed their annual Towing Guide? Almost every other page is a full glossy of a Ford PU. I really question their ability to be impartial.

=========================

If you feel that way then why do you subscribe to the magazine???
Advertising in TL had nothing to do with the survey of "TL READERS". BTW, Consumers Reports gets their annual auto survey from "users" of the products. I know I've been involved with the CR auto survey.
So if someone's not happy with a product they purchased they certainly would voice their opinion of it.
I don't take anything as gospel 100%- I do my own research and TL happens to be one of many sources.....
Happy trails,
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just read my copy and agreed with a few of the "winners". I look at this as a popularity contest, nothing more. Those who have 'em write about them and as you often see in this forum, the more money you spend on something, the better it has to be.

I have a little more respect for CR in that they try to be objective whereas TL has a lot more advertising money involved. Have you even noticed their annual Towing Guide? Almost every other page is a full glossy of a Ford PU. I really question their ability to be impartial.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

Highway_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
The subject matter sells copy and looks good on the cover. The seasoned RV'er knows that.
2014 Ram Cummins Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, Loaded, Snugtop camper
2014 OutdoorsRV Wind River 250RDSW
Big spoiled Bernese Mountain Dog

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
BurbMan wrote:
It's a all about the AZDEL.

Can't be. I ain't got none.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
BurbMan wrote:

LMAO.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
To boot, the $2000 refrigerator with the all electronic controls seems to be less reliable than a model that has not changed design since the '60s, other than moving to a pancake style compressor for efficiency.

The more gewgaws, the more stuff that will eventually break.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
GrandpaKip wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
GrandpaKip wrote:
I always enjoy reader surveys on stuff. Without them, there would be no Consumers' Reports and no reviews on Amazon, etc. I especially love them when they agree with what I have. Thanks, I'll look for the article. Happy Glamping (in about 2 months for us)

no consumer reports. how could we be so lucky?
bumpy

What's wrong with Consumers' Reports? My family and I have found them to be pretty reliable.

it's a long story, starting back in the 60's. many of the items featured/tested have been discontinued and replaced by the time of publication. they don't weigh cost vs longevity. ie yes a $2000 oven is probably better than a $537 one but how much. ''

bumpy

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing lately with appliances. I really don't want to spend $1500 on a dishwasher or $3500 on a fridge...
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
Andersen Hitch

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
GrandpaKip wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
GrandpaKip wrote:
I always enjoy reader surveys on stuff. Without them, there would be no Consumers' Reports and no reviews on Amazon, etc. I especially love them when they agree with what I have. Thanks, I'll look for the article. Happy Glamping (in about 2 months for us)

bumpy

What's wrong with Consumers' Reports? My family and I have found them to be pretty reliable.

it's a long story, starting back in the 60's. many of the items featured/tested have been discontinued and replaced by the time of publication. they don't weigh cost vs longevity. ie yes a $2000 oven is probably better than a $537 one but how much. ''
bumpy

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
GrandpaKip wrote:

bumpy

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
Andersen Hitch

langbone
Explorer
Explorer
I've got a bridge for sale. LOL