cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trailer reverse guidance & learning curve

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
3 years I drove the truck with camper on it and only lately found option who was buried in menu that is very useful for camper loading.
Trailer reverse guidance is using side mirrors cameras to look back along the truck bed, what eliminates paralaxy error driver has looking at side mirrors.

Click For Full-Size Image.

Also the bed camera shows center lane on camper lower window.

There is 2nd camper in the rear, so ignore it, look like cameras show camper legs comparing to truck fenders. Amazing, simply amazing.
4 REPLIES 4

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
BETTER PICTURES
This is the critical point in backing up where rear fenders are passing front camper jacks.

And this is final set. You can see perfect distance to camper jacks on both sides without leaving the cabin.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
brholt wrote:
Looks really useful.
What truck?

Its 2017 F350 with 360 cameras and extreme tow package.
I think that option is part of 360 cameras, but can't tell for sure.
The truck has blind spots warning that you can adjust for trailer (camper) length, but unfortunately camper wings cover the radars.
Sorry for the glares, in few days I try to take cleaner picture.

Paratus
Explorer
Explorer
Well don't feel like a dope, you figured it out-I needed you to tell me!! Now I will admit I had figured out the center line and added two strips of orange tape on the camper and place the black dotted line between the two strips of high vis tape.

Course my other "stupid" recent learning was dropping the camper an inch or two per side to square it in the bed as opposed to driving forward and squaring up the truck.

THANK YOU for sharing.

BRHolt, my truck is a 17F350 with those cameras.

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks really useful.
What truck?