cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trailerless

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Well, as of about an hour ago, Rocky has a new dad. Considering our overall plan for the future, this is a huge item to check off our list. We're Rocky-sitting until next week when his new dad will come for him and fully expect weepiness, but he's going to have a great new home.

Now to get this house sold and head south to sunny, warm FL. A new life for all of us with lots of changes. We feel it's the right thing to do at this point. Good for us. Good for DS#1.

Can I still visit from time to time...I promise to be nice.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!
7 REPLIES 7

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Agree on Chuck....anyone know what's up? Just on the very rare occasion I'll see a post, but nothing like his normal lineup. He always had good advice and backed it up with solid info. Yoo-hoo, Chuck!

2003 Ford F-150
Sam, you were the best!

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to see you go but pop in now and then and let us know how things are going. Another guy I miss is Chuck. He always had good offerings for us.

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the advice! I know that this moving at this age is CRAZY. We have already started selling things off on craigslist and make regular trips to the recyclers and Goodwill.

Now I walk into a room and look around to note "going/staying". This is why we have given ourselves a few years to do it slowly. It is an arduous task indeed.

Good luck to you. It must be wonderful already having your new home. Sounds like we are just going to start a very similar path as you.
HTT: 2007 R-Vision Trail Cruiser c191
TV: 2010 Nissan Titan Pro4X Crew Cab

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the FL plans. We have spent a week or so each spring for baseball and fell in love with Lakeland. This year we got serious about making a move and made a house-hunting trip in Jan, bought a house, came back to TN and started working like crazy people. Trust me on this.....downsizing after 52 years is a killer. We're too old for this foolishness. The house is finally done with the exception of a handful of little things, Rocky will go with his new dad this coming week and now all we need is a buyer. Suggestion.....before killing yourselves with a dozen yard sales, check into a good, reputable auctioneer. This was not our plan, but ours came highly recommended. Talked details, fees, how the process works and a guess at what we might come out with. Still had to do a lot of sorting, but they came in, staged the whole thing, when it was over we had over twice the $$$$ we expected after his commission. The house we bought is fully furnished, so we're only taking the personal stuff and special things. Sort of camping indoors for the duration, but the pix of our new life is on the computer wallpaper and keeps us motivated. BTW, we had a hybrid before Rocky....loved it! Good luck and keep the focus.

2003 Ford F-150
Sam, you were the best!

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
Funny, we are doing the same thing except, we just bought a hybrid and will be using it to go to Florida for winters and such while we are getting the house ready to sell.

Definately next winter is Florida camping then spring back up to work on the house.

I just retired in October and my partner will be retiring in December - YAHOO!!!!!
HTT: 2007 R-Vision Trail Cruiser c191
TV: 2010 Nissan Titan Pro4X Crew Cab

luckyscroller78
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your move to warm weather! Of course you can always come visit in here, we would be offended if you didn't!!!

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck to you with your plan. Glad you've accomplished one step - but I'm sure it's bittersweet.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375