cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Storage Rear Recliners

Irish2
Explorer
Explorer
So after a decade and a half of trailers with bunks, the kids are grown up and we sold our last bunk bed model and purchased a "Ma & Pa" model Jayco 26 RLS with the two recliners in the stern of the trailer. The strap supplied by Jayco is not doing the job in securing the two chairs when travelling and after only a few trips the movement has caused small scratches to the chairs and a torn valance from the wall. Does anyone have any suggestions to best secure these recliners while in transit. (by the way............just retired this week so I plan on more miles now!!!)
2013 Winnebago 42E
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
3 REPLIES 3

Irish2
Explorer
Explorer
My two chairs are on carpet and I do not believe that they move around that much during transit and the damage is done more by the way they bound on their springs even though I have them tethered together very tight. Thank you for the suggestions.
2013 Winnebago 42E
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Our two recliners are strapped from hooks in the floor with the two chairs sideways facing each other and the strap going over both arms......
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

twins89
Explorer
Explorer
Try purchasing some of the material that is put under scatter rugs to make them not slip and move. Put is under the feet of the recliners and see if that helps. I use that stuff to keep things in place and it seems to work well. However, I am not sure what type of recliner feet you have. Ours are swivel circles and the rim sits on the non-skid material.
Western New Yorkers with a Westie
2000 F350 DRW 7.3 PSD crew cab
2010 Jayco Designer 37rlqs