cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Trailer Purchase

gelo
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone, I'm trying to decide between two travel trailers and thought I'd reach out here since I have very little experience (my first purchase).
The choice is between a 2021 Aspen Trail 26BH and for $26,800 and a 2021 Shadow Cruiser 240BHS for $29,000. They are both base models in good shape no work needed. I kind of like the Aspen but NADA says the low Retail is 19,900 vs the Shadow at $28,000 which makes the shadow a better value. They both are very similar, it seems strange that one books for so much more, is the Shadow that much better?
19 REPLIES 19

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are these new leftovers or used units?
Puma 30RKSS

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
The Aspen Trail is stick and tin construction, the Shadow Cruiser is laminated construction. Laminated costs more than stick and tin. The Dealer is overpriced on the Aspen Trail for sure. What they will both have on common is they will be slapped together and absolutely no quality control.
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Buy the one you like the best, that fits your budget and your lifestyle, don't get to stuck on "value", you are not buying a money making investment.. Folks tend to microscope these things way too much.

gelo
Explorer
Explorer
Good info, those are the things I wouldn't have thought about until it was to late.
The NADA value confuses me, wish I hadn't looked at it. Is the Shadow Cruiser considered a better class of travel trailer then the Aspen?

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Between those two the couch on the 26BH makes it the no-brainer to me, having a place other than the dinette to sit on a bad weather day is huge. It also appears to have about 20% more storage space, and you can never have too much storage space. The bigger grey and black tanks would also be a big win for the way we use our trailer, lots of sites have water but no sewer in state and CoE parks.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH