cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel When Restrictions lifted

frisbeekev
Explorer
Explorer
If your state is like mine, we have not been able to get out and RV yet, and I have cancelled one trip so far this year. I am in hopes things will open this summer so I can back out there. My hope is to go to Assateague Island in MD. at the end of June. What about you? Where is the first place everyone is going to head in the RV once the restrictions are lifted?
92 REPLIES 92

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:

Not to mention the inflated deaths. The numbers are misleading because a lot of the deaths arenโ€™t actually from Corona.

How do you know about the "inflated deaths"? I don't even know what an inflated death is and I doubt that any contributor on a RV forum has the expertise and information to give an exact cause of death for Aunt Ethel.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
DallasSteve wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
Your percentage is a little off.
At the present time the survival rate in the US is 94%

With 6 people dead out of every 100 people infected, I wouldn't call that non existent.

BoonDocker

The death rate is not nearly 6% because they have no idea how many people are infected. The only way to know that is to do sample testing. When they have done that the infection rate appears to be much higher so the death rate is much lower, probably less than 1%. Stop me if I'm going too fast for you.

Furthermore, the death rate among healthy people is much, much lower. Healthy people meaning those who have taken good care of they bodies with a good diet, plenty of exercise, and healthy habits like not smoking. Therein lies the problem: idiots who haven't taken care of their health. I have little sympathy for them.

Not to mention the inflated deaths. The numbers are misleading because a lot of the deaths arenโ€™t actually from Corona.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Well there is your problem.

To know the real number you have to take the number of people in the US and divided that number of people that died. That will give you the real number in % chance of dying in the US at this time. That number is now "at this time" is "about" .000243% of a chance of dying if you live in the US.

Now that is taking the US as a whole mean average. If you live in NYC your chances are higher than if you live in lets say Blue Eye Mo. And visa versa.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
DallasSteve wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:

With 6 people dead out of every 100 people infected, I wouldn't call that non existent.

BoonDocker

The death rate is not nearly 6% because they have no idea how many people are infected. The only way to know that is to do sample testing. When they have done that the infection rate appears to be much higher so the death rate is much lower, probably less than 1%. Stop me if I'm going too fast for you.

Furthermore, the death rate among healthy people is much, much lower. Healthy people meaning those who have taken good care of they bodies with a good diet, plenty of exercise, and healthy habits like not smoking. Therein lies the problem: idiots who haven't taken care of their health. I have little sympathy for them.

I will type this slowly for your benefit, funny guy.

OK, let me word this another way. Six percent of the confirmed cases.

Confirmed cases: 1,343.937
Fatalities: 79,696

1,343,937 X 6% = 80,636

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
Boon Docker wrote:

BoonDocker

2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:

Link please.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
How do I put this doom and gloom thread on ignore?
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II

Slowmover
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:
azdryheat wrote:

Our campground was almost full and the people we interacted with seemed to act like the Covid didn't exist (retired military, LEO, and fire).

There lies the problem with opening things up too soon with idiots like that, while active cases are still on the rise.

With a 99.9% survival rate it doesnโ€™t exist.
For ANY practical purpose.

1990 35' SILVER STREAK Sterling, 9k GVWR
2004 DODGE RAM 2WD 305/555 ISB, QC SRW LB NV-5600, 9k GVWR
Hensley Arrow; 11-cpm solo, 17-cpm towing fuel cost

HappyCampers3
Explorer
Explorer
Checking on Pa State Park site and found out that the park we were to go to will be open starting May 22. Called to see what happened to our site. Was told that since reservation was to start on May 21 it was all canceled. First message we got stated that just the first day was canceled. Tried to rebook the site but it is not available. I hate this new normal.
Three Happy Campers
2 Camping Cats
2004 Chevy 2500HD CC LB
2005 Holiday Rambler 30SKS

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
well darn, CoE decided to keep the campground closed through the 30th so no memorial day camping for us. Started looking around and there's nothing with full hookups available for the weekend within 3 hours since the governor says campgrounds should be able to open but didn't actually release any details. kinda hard for campgrounds to accept reservations without actual legal orders.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
azdryheat wrote:

Our campground was almost full and the people we interacted with seemed to act like the Covid didn't exist (retired military, LEO, and fire).

There lies the problem with opening things up too soon with idiots like that, while active cases are still on the rise.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
We and friends are leaving Sunday for an AZ state park to ride our RZRs for a few days. AZ state parks didn't close for the virus and even though there is a stay home order it is not being enforced. So, it's pretty much business as usual here in the Grand Canyon State.

We cut our stay short at the AZ state park, due to the heat, and moved camp up to Williams AZ. We also extended our time away from home from Thursday to Monday. It was a wonderful time riding our side-by-sides through the beautiful Kaibab Nat Forest. We ventured into town to sample some wonderful pizza and pie. Our campground was almost full and the people we interacted with seemed to act like the Covid didn't exist (retired military, LEO, and fire). It was a wonderful camping/riding experience.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

HappyCampers3
Explorer
Explorer
We received an email yesterday that our payment for our site in a Pa State Park has been refunded. So I guess we won't be camping over the Memorial Day weekend. Guess I'll just stay home and watch the Indy 500, oh that's right it's been postponed. Dang this new normal.
Three Happy Campers
2 Camping Cats
2004 Chevy 2500HD CC LB
2005 Holiday Rambler 30SKS

tll
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from our first weekend camping trip to a private campground about 150 miles away. They have got it figured out! They are open to all self contained units. We reserved a spot on line, found our reservation documents taped to there guard shack, verified our arrival by filling out an on line form, ordered a pizza from their kitchen, it showed up on our picnic table in about 30 min. Left today, never talked to anyone from the campground. Perfect isolation from everyone. If you got rid of the wind it would have been a perfect trip. Did not interact with a sole, not the way there, while we were there, nor on the way home.
2015 Starcraft 299BHU
2011 Jayco X23J(sold)
2009 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew