cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truck Mod Question, re: CargoGlide

TBammer
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have a cargo glide under their truck cap? Any thoughts about building a framework for storage, like dedicated slots for camp chairs, tools, storage bins, leveling boards and sand pads, etc?
I could see doing this, but would like to know if anyone out there has done this and get their thoughts on the best way to go about it.
2016 Chevy 2500 HD, 6.0 gasser, 4.10 dif
2019 Arctic Fox 25W
Reese Pro-Series WD Hitch
5 REPLIES 5

c_hines
Explorer
Explorer
I just put a bed slide made by ATC in my F150 supercrew. Found it used on CL for $400. Works great and was worth the effort to install.I did have to cut my plastic bedliner a bit for the front mounts. I have a fiberglass bed cover that keeps things out of sight and dry. The slide also keeps things up off the bedliner and dry.

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
Have had a Bed Slide on (now 3) pickups, all the 6'-6" bed size. I've built a rough frame of 2x4's and plywood sized to accommodate 4 each 27 (IIRC) gallon (2 files of 2) Commander totes on the "bottom" layer and open on the top layer for whatever.

I've built a slot in the center of the bed slide that holds my handyman jack and a collapsible boat hook. Theoretically, it could hold my shovel as well, but it's easier just to toss that alongside.

The only time I've climbed in the bed the past 10 (?) years was to disconnect the Bed Slide for transfer and the very infrequent situations where something fell off the back of the totes and off the Bed Slide...Bed Slide was one of the best truck investments I've made. ....

...but the collapsible boat hook runs a close second.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

TBammer
Explorer
Explorer
Jay Pat wrote:
I have something different. Search for "Bed Slide".
The slide, slides out.
I use tubs for storage and double stack them.
Can reach all tubs without climbing in.
To reach the tubs on the front of the slide, I have to unload some of the tubs.
The common items that I need often are just inside the tailgate (rear of the slide).
Very rare that I have to climb into the back of the camper shell.
I hope this is helpful! Pat

Yes, this it what I am think of. Cargo Glide is the brand name. Climbing in and out of the truck bed is getting old, as am I.
T
2016 Chevy 2500 HD, 6.0 gasser, 4.10 dif
2019 Arctic Fox 25W
Reese Pro-Series WD Hitch

Labman7
Explorer
Explorer
I have had a bedslide since 2007 in 2 different trucks. I build a 6" deep deck with 2 drawers that go the full lenght of the bed (6'6"). The top is used for normal truck storage, i.e.-chairs, grill, totes, dog crates, etc. With the tailgate locked, the drawers are secured for firearms (hunting), optics, fishing gear etc.

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
I have something different. Search for "Bed Slide".
The slide, slides out.
I use tubs for storage and double stack them.
Can reach all tubs without climbing in.
To reach the tubs on the front of the slide, I have to unload some of the tubs.
The common items that I need often are just inside the tailgate (rear of the slide).
Very rare that I have to climb into the back of the camper shell.
I hope this is helpful! Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315