cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

True bunkhouse (4 teenager sized bunks)

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone still make a TRUE bunkhouse TT ? Jayco stop making the 29QBS a couple of years ago.
9 REPLIES 9

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure what a teenager sized bunk is? My 18 year old is 6'1" 180lb and he fits fine in the 'small' 28" x 75" bunk in my TT, head height is a bigger deal than width for him so he gets the top bunk. From that perspective you're going to probably need to get everyone to actually go and sit in the bunks to make sure everyone has enough headroom.

As an aside, standard navy rack is 27.5 x 77.5 (mattress is 26 x 76) and plenty of full sized adults have served. Personally I'm 6'3" and 250lb and I fit into a navy rack fine (air mattress is nice though!).
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Our Jayco Jayflight Bungalow has a bunkhouse with opposing slides, 4 bunks and 2 trundles. The bottom bunks are 2 inches narrower than a single bed, but we replaced the mattresses with twin memory foam mattresses. They hang over a couple inches, but no big deal. The top bunks are narrower bunks, but we've had 15 and 16 year old nieces and nephews sleep on them without complaint. Our bunkhouse also has a half bath.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

am1958
Explorer
Explorer
Keystone Bullet Premiere 31BHPR gives 2 bunks and a king size bed on the floor... I've slept my daughter, her two friends and their parents back there quite comfortably...

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe a toy hauler with the garage built out to suit you? We donโ€™t have a travel trailer and our toy hauler is obnoxiously long. But, hereโ€™s an idea of what you can do with the garage:
https://youtu.be/S7_8KRUhlng
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco still makes it, the jay flight front bunk 31QBDS
31qbds

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
KZ, Kestone.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
KZ, Kestone.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
KZ, Kestone.

badercubed
Explorer
Explorer
They are harder to find because of the big ass outside kitchens everyone wants. Search for front bunk house models as a bunch of manufacturers make them.
2019 Apex Nano 208BHS
2016 F-150 Crew Cab (it's my wife's ride)

Been camping for 37 of my 38 years!