Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ultimate TC Bed?

woodhog
Explorer
Explorer
https://sherptek.com/truckbed

Versatile truck bed, only 1" inch higher than stock tin boxes from OEM.
2004.5 Dodge 4x4 SRW Diesel, 245/70R19.5 Michelin XDS2, Bilstein Shocks
Torklift Stable loads, BD Steering Stabilizer Bar, Superchips "TOW" Programed,Rickson 19.5 wheels

2006 8.5 Northstar Arrow, 3 Batteries 200 Watts Solar,
12 Volt DC Fridge.
20 REPLIES 20

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
egarant wrote:
I saw this as well, they truly did think of almost everything. You put your TC in the back of it, if you didn't know that already. Trouble is the cost. I called them and a basic unit without all the extras, of which there are many, was $12K. That is in the ballpark for a custom made utility bed.

This unit is a bit more versatile than a utility bed, but personally I wouldn't want to sink that kind of money in truck that I would have to part with if and when I sold that truck.

Yup, not cheap for sure, so not for everybody. But not a huge upcharge in total for those that are dropping well over $100k on a truck and TC setup.
And with the same wheelbase and configuration (srw or dual), it would not be a major undertaking to modify it for a new truck.
They do seem to provide about the best combo of utility, appearance, security, storage and workspace (fold down sides = table/workbench.

For me? Not now. I'm cheap and the camper is only on the truck a few times a year. I paid less for my camper than this bed costs. But if a person was serious about their TCing this looks quite handy.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Kayteg1 wrote:
trail-explorer wrote:
Kayteg1 wrote:
Just a reminder.
April fool was 16 days ago.

Not sure what that has to do with anything in this thread.

Sounds like you've been serious about sleeping on it?
What I see as potential problem with the linked bed is putting camper some distance behind the cabin. Is it 16" or 2 feet?
That with heavy camper like Host, will do bad trick with COG.
Than using the storages for stuff, I think this bed would apply to 5500/550 series truck only if you really want to use it.

Well whaddaya know...they showed it on a 4500/5500 c n c truck, so thanks captain obvious.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you upgrade to a newer truck with the same needs, you can take the bed with you. You started with a cab and chassis right?
Full disclosure...teally like the Douglass beds!
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
Kayteg1 wrote:
Just a reminder.

Sounds like you've been serious about sleeping on it?
What I see as potential problem with the linked bed is putting camper some distance behind the cabin. Is it 16" or 2 feet?
That with heavy camper like Host, will do bad trick with COG.
Than using the storages for stuff, I think this bed would apply to 5500/550 series truck only if you really want to use it.

toddb
Explorer
Explorer
I still think a douglass body would be a better, everyone's sitch is different though.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Just a reminder.

Bob

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
I saw this as well, they truly did think of almost everything. You put your TC in the back of it, if you didn't know that already. Trouble is the cost. I called them and a basic unit without all the extras, of which there are many, was $12K. That is in the ballpark for a custom made utility bed.

This unit is a bit more versatile than a utility bed, but personally I wouldn't want to sink that kind of money in truck that I would have to part with if and when I sold that truck.
2021 FORD F350 dually 4x4 with 4.30 gears, 013 Eagle Cap 950, 480 Watts Solar, 3K Victron Multiplus II, Victron smart DC-DC charger, Victron 100/30 solar controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Just a reminder.

flakjacket
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
Looks like a truck bed, not a TC bed.

When I read "TC bed" in the title, I thought of the ultimate mattress for a truck camper, not a truck bed.

X2
2005 Silverado 3500 LT, CC DRW 4WD D/A, Ride-Rites, Rancho 9000, Supersprings, Line-X, XM Radio
2007 Lance 1181, Fastguns

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Since this is TC bed, how do you sleep on it?

Lay down flat. COver up with a blankie. Lay your head on a pilla if you want a soft cushion for your noggin.
Bob

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a truck bed, not a TC bed.

When I read "TC bed" in the title, I thought of the ultimate mattress for a truck camper, not a truck bed.
Bob

woodhog
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for that video, they thought of everything....

Here is another one: They are a smart bunch for sure...

Ultimate TC Bed..
2004.5 Dodge 4x4 SRW Diesel, 245/70R19.5 Michelin XDS2, Bilstein Shocks
Torklift Stable loads, BD Steering Stabilizer Bar, Superchips "TOW" Programed,Rickson 19.5 wheels

2006 8.5 Northstar Arrow, 3 Batteries 200 Watts Solar,
12 Volt DC Fridge.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Impressive product, https://youtu.be/MumkbGSl3JY
Not anything I could afford or really use. But dang, nice.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Since this is TC bed, how do you sleep on it?