cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uncle Frank gave me a 2006 32 ft Thor Wanderer

tony5416
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everybody, I just retired and got this trailer. I can't find any specs on it and the florida registration just says 32 ft thor wanderer. No ID markings on outside or inside that i can find. I ran the VIN and that gave me squat. Its pretty solid and was kept up very well. Does anyone know anything about this old thor. Maybe an old brochure or something. Front queen bed no slides. Have no idea what it weights Im thinking ill rent a uhaul and take it to the scales so ill know what i need to tow it.

Thanks, Tony
16 REPLIES 16

Vulcanmars
Explorer
Explorer
falconbrother wrote:
Don't worry about books. Repack those wheel bearings, adjust those brakes and go camping.

Agree. Economy was not as good back then. I'll bet it's built better than my 2016.
Mars
04 V10 F250 SDCC 4X4
2016 Wildwood 32BHDS

hawkeye-08
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a Thor forum, perhaps someone there has what you need?

http://www.thorforums.com

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Federal law requires that the manufacturer place placards on the LH side, forward of the camper with VIN, make, model, tire and wheel size, tire pressure, MGVWR, and some other info. I have a 2008 Thor Freedom Sprit that has the sticker but much of the unreadable, faded to white. If I get the light just right, then I can read it. There is a placard inside also. Mine is on the back wall of one of the overhead cabinets. Sometimes they are on the inside of a closet door. Search thoroughly till you find it.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't worry about books. Repack those wheel bearings, adjust those brakes and go camping.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
You have a generous uncle Frank, enjoy your trailer.

tony5416
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all. NADA did give me something. Actually the trailer is in awesome shape barely used. My uncles are just in their mid 80's and wanted to help me out.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
I bet 'Uncle Frank' wanted to unload an aging camper. No RV ages gracefully.

Yeah, that’s helpful.

A search will pull up various Thor Wanderers for sale with pictures. Might get some info that way.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
I bet 'Uncle Frank' wanted to unload an aging camper. No RV ages gracefully.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
Check this out. Your length is not listed but this is the closest I could find doing a quick search.
https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2006/Wanderer-by-Thor-Ind
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I fear Uncle Frank has left the building, CFerguson.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
tony5416 wrote:
Hi everybody, I just retired and got this trailer. I can't find any specs on it and the florida registration just says 32 ft thor wanderer. No ID markings on outside or inside that i can find. I ran the VIN and that gave me squat. Its pretty solid and was kept up very well. Does anyone know anything about this old thor. Maybe an old brochure or something. Front queen bed no slides. Have no idea what it weights Im thinking ill rent a uhaul and take it to the scales so ill know what i need to tow it.

Thanks, Tony

Look on the wall inside the closet. They usually place the complete spec sheet for the RV there.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Ask Uncle Frank?

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
If you look up nada they have a specification section.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Looks pretty solid...check the roof closely. Repair as necessary. Then check every seam on the walls. Re-caulk if required.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad