cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unusual TC

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
This owner is apparently thinking outside the box. Pickup bed is removed and ALite 400 pop-up trailer is bolted to the truck frame. There is no flatbed.

I was not able to photograph it as it drove by my campsite. It looked like a large box on the back of the truck. It deploys into what is shown in the photo below.

So - It's removable, it's on a truck, these folks are camping in it...it's a TC!

link to webpage for an Alite vendor

link to manufacturer brochure, not showing Alite on their current product list
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed
11 REPLIES 11

SuperiorBound
Explorer
Explorer
It is a very creative idea, I could see doing it.

The wood chuck camp is pretty cool too

Nukengineer
Explorer
Explorer
Spied this one in the UP of Michigan.

Desertboy
Explorer
Explorer
I have fond memories of Chula Vista.
1969 AVION
3/4 12 VALVE

Freightliner/24' Flatbed 50,000 miles/ Titan 4000 receiver Hitch, no Mods needed.

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
anutami wrote:
It looks like you are at Laguna campground in the meadow loop :). We were just there over the weekend. I was a proud dad when my 6 year old son road most of the laguna trail.

Wow! Proud dad indeed. Your son is on his way as a mountain biker now!

I was in the Shady Loop Sunday night through this morning. The ALite was in the Meadow Loop.

From the tags on the posts, it looked like every reservable site was reserved over the weekend. This morning they put up the tags for next weekend and there were a few empties. Not many. That is a very popular and beautiful campground and it is only an hour away from my home in Chula Vista. I am very glad that I am retired now and can enjoy that area during quiet times.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

anutami
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very cool, I bet he gets great gas mileage. It looks like you are at Laguna campground in the meadow loop :). We were just there over the weekend. I was a proud dad when my 6 year old son road most of the laguna trail.

2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

the_tc_life
Explorer
Explorer
not for me but at least they are getting out camping.
2010 adventurer 810ws
1999 c3500 dually 12' flatbed

THE TC LIFE

Reelescape1
Explorer
Explorer
Looks similar to Aliner

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
A truck camper is easily removable from the truck and the truck can be used for other things...

I don't know what it should be called... but to me it isn't a truck camper.

It's not a class C either... ALL Class C's have the drivers seat in the living space... class B's too

is it self contained?

So what is it?

A novality?

Of course the OP referes to his little class C as a truck camper too... like he has this thing in the title of the thread
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
a raised camper shell would do the same thing much cheaper.
bumpy

Jfet
Explorer
Explorer
I dunno. The truck is not really useful anymore as a truck and the camper looks a bit tight. I would rather have a flatbed even if it meant a few inches higher on the popup.

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea, looks like it could go just about anywhere !
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS