cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used bunkhouse

norfla71
Explorer
Explorer
Our fiver is fairly rare in my area, and may be able to get out cleanly; the replacement will be a TT BH, of which our choices are endless. We're not brand specific, and understand that TT are not (usually) built to high quality standards, comparatively speaking. With that understanding, we did have a 27FB StarCraft, and liked the size, but not the layout (bed too close to entry wall and no slide). Using that as a starting point, 30' is about right, along with the slide, we would also like good exterior storage. One final requirement deals with our health issues; we need the lowest possible entry height. Otherwise, we're not overly complicated, not requiring most of the lux features found in a lot of new rigs. And we plan on seasonal camping, following the warmth.

Cost is a final factor, as this will be traded out (once the kids leave the nest) for something motorized.
2008 Ram 3500 SRW
2006 Salem 32SRV

***looking for a better truck this fall***
5 REPLIES 5

OrangeTJ
Explorer
Explorer
Our Keystone Bullet 282BHS is a front bed, rear bunk layout with a single slide and low (2 step) entry. Has a sizeable outside storage compartment at rear under one of the bunks and a pass through storage up front. Ours has been great for our family for the past 5 years! We're actually just getting started listing it for sale (starting a business and need all the cash we can muster), but we're likely on the wrong end of the country for you. In any case, it's a model that might be worth checking out if there are any near you.

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
If lower entry height is important, please make sure the entry door is very close to the axles. Many campsites are not level front-to-back and entry doors at the very back of the TT can require you to bring an additional step with you for those times.
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

6_7_tow_rig
Explorer
Explorer
Lower means more dragging the rear end leaving/entering parking lots and such. My parents had a trailer with two steps once and it was a constant issue. One time even drug the sewer pipe off. Think hard about that requirement of being lower at all possible
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4
2013 Primetime Lacrosse 318bhs

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
All of the Lance trailers are 2 step deals. Very easy to get in and out of. And they do make a BH model, the 2185.
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk båt - Dette må jeg se!

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
The biggest challenge of your requirements seems to be the entry height. From walking around an RV show recently it seems the trailers just keep getting higher off the ground. Maybe someone else knows of a brand that ridges lower.

As for floor plans and whatnot I've found the best way to get educated is to just check out the manufacturer's websites. The "big 3" I always thing of are Jayco, Keystone and Forest River (each with many sub-brands). Find a model # you like then enter it into RV Trader or just in to Google to find dealers and prices.