cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Venture Travel Trailers

JWP127
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a 2019 Venture SportTrek Touring Edition 322VRL Travel Trailer. Anyone have experience with these? I know no travel trailer is built great, but some are better / worse than others.
6 REPLIES 6

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
JWP127 wrote:

Wow. What year, make and model did you buy?

2011 KZ Spree 261RKS.

JWP127
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
Venture is one of KZ's brands. Most of that company's axles, tires, frames and springs are the bare minimum and the carrying capacity shows that. You said that the CCC might not be a big deal, but my take on it is that it is of a marginal design. If you want strength, safety and durability, perhaps this is not the trailer you want. I bought a KZ trailer and so far I have welded the frame in four places, replaced the weak and bent axles, the broken springs, the wheel bearings and all the brake parts. When shopping for a trailer, start at the ground and work up, that pretty stuff is less important.

Wow. What year, make and model did you buy?

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Venture is one of KZ's brands. Most of that company's axles, tires, frames and springs are the bare minimum and the carrying capacity shows that. You said that the CCC might not be a big deal, but my take on it is that it is of a marginal design. If you want strength, safety and durability, perhaps this is not the trailer you want. I bought a KZ trailer and so far I have welded the frame in four places, replaced the weak and bent axles, the broken springs, the wheel bearings and all the brake parts. When shopping for a trailer, start at the ground and work up, that pretty stuff is less important.

JWP127
Explorer
Explorer
I completely agree with all of your points. We do love our pantry in our Kodiak 285 BHSL. But we hate the rounded dinette and the couch sucks. My wife seems to think that we can manage without the pantry, and use the other storage areas in the trailer. Our current TT only has about 1200# of CCC, so that might not be a big deal.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 above makes a good point.
Our trailer has a GVWR of 10K and has 3150 lbs of CC.

1220 lbs for CCC. for the Venture isn't much and can quickly get eaten up.

You will really like the rear lounge floor plan. But I also noticed that there doesn't seem to be a pantry in the galley....strange for a 36 footer.
Just things to think about.

Good luck with your choice.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
The items that stand out to me are the 8800 GVWR, 36' long and 1220 lbs for CCC.