cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

water leak

poriggity
Explorer
Explorer
So, I hooked up the hose from the house to the camper, and turned it on. I went back up to the camper to discover water pouring out the back of the truck from under the camper. I immediately shut off the water going to the camper. I haven't had time to look and see where the leak is coming from. I did notice I have a slight leak coming from some piping under the sink area, but it was pretty slight. I guess something was bound to not be perfect on it, but I don't really even know where to start looking for a leak or an open valve...
Scott
2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, Long bed quad cab, 315x70x17 Falken AT3W, Timbren SES

No RV at the moment, but in a couple weeks will be the proud owners of a new 2019 No Boundaries 19.5 TT.
5 REPLIES 5

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
If you were connected without the pressure regulator then the weakest connection in the TC went first. It may only be one connection since some pressure was relieved went it broke loose. Seems to me I remember seeing something about the water lines in an RV are manufactured to withstand up to 70-80 lbs.
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

poriggity
Explorer
Explorer
Old Days wrote:
On my Lance 825 the city water hookup is not easy to get at, so we will always use the pump. If your camper is like mine getting at the plumbing is no fun.

Actually it appears most of the plumbing is fairly easy to get to. Since the water appeared to be draining out the truck bed from between the bed of the truck and the camper, I disconnected the tie downs and jacked up the camper enough to get it off the truck bed to assist in drying out the underneath. Last thing I need is wood rot feom letting the camper sit directly on the truck

Scott
2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, Long bed quad cab, 315x70x17 Falken AT3W, Timbren SES

No RV at the moment, but in a couple weeks will be the proud owners of a new 2019 No Boundaries 19.5 TT.

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my Lance 825 the city water hookup is not easy to get at, so we will always use the pump. If your camper is like mine getting at the plumbing is no fun.

poriggity
Explorer
Explorer
I actually forgot about the reducer, so it's probably my fault. I'm gonna have to do some looking tomorrow morning. Thanks.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
sounds like a hose blew off a fitting. Here's hoping its and easy find and fix. In the future you should always use a pressure reducer when hooking up to city water.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags