cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water line drain/valve/tank fill-up question

crazyro
Explorer
Explorer
I think I know the issue at hand, but would love your input. At end of every camping trip, before leaving, I open the low point drain valves. I am noticing that there is a LOT of water coming out which is making me believe the fresh water tank may be filling up when hooked up to city water. I'm assuming the valve in question (see pic below) should be set to "closed" position? (Also assuming this was done during winterization process and I should have paid attention to it before camping season; we purchased the TT in the spring from an individual) That hose goes to fresh water tank I believe. Any of you smart folks care to point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance.

(and yes, fully aware I need to clean out the cabinet where all this is housed hehe)
4 REPLIES 4

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
beemerphile1 wrote:
It is unlikely the low point drains will drain the fresh water tank, the tank should have its own drain.

It is very possible that the low point drains are draining the water heater.

Yes B re: the FW drain , true most of the time. I just found a sunseeker MH with a low pt drain petcock on the cold side. When I drained the line it just kept draining and draining and draining...…..:h

The freshwater tank is connected to it. It was explained to me that some new units are plumbed to drain the LP line as well when you drain the FW tank. I think it's designed that way to limit diluting the rv antifreeze during the winterizing process.

crazyro
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
It is unlikely the low point drains will drain the fresh water tank, the tank should have its own drain.

Which makes sense. I'm just baffled as there's quite a bit of water to drain out.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer

Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
There is a check valve at the water pump that keeps city water from backfilling the FW tank. I'd check that for gunk.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB