cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water Pressure Woes

kearlms
Explorer
Explorer
I am wondering if anyone else has/had this issue and can help me find a solution. In my camper I have great water pressure at the bathroom sink and toilet and tub, but on the other side of the TT the kitchen sink stinks. Very low pressure (hot and cold). I have taken of the aerator to see if that helps and nothing. I have traced both the hot and cold lines and cant find anything that would be restricting the flow of water. We even changed out he faucet to a new one. So on the road side of the TT everything has great pressure, on the curb side (Kitchen Sink only) very low pressure. The Low point drains are right under the kitchen sink and if I open those up it blows out great, of coarse there is nothing to restrict it once open.

Any suggestions?
9 REPLIES 9

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is this on an older TT that has worked fine until now, or is it a fairly new one that hasn't worked properly from the start? Not that it may necessarily help, but what TT is it?

Are the kitchen and bathroom close near each other with short lines between them? Have you been connecting to clean water sources or something that could have sediment in it? Can you visually see the PEX lines throughout or are some concealed somewhere or behind an enclosed underbelly? Both hot and cold have the same degree of restriction? Has anyone ever done mods to the TT?

Does PEX go up to the faucet and connect with a swivel fitting? If you go to a hardware or plumbing store, you could buy some fittings that would allow you to connect a garden hose to the swivel fitting and reverse pressurize the PEX and see what happens.

As suggested already, it has to be either collapsed or plugged lines, but it seems odd that both hot and cold are affected the same. The diagram below shows a generic RV layout. You can see that it doesn't make a lot of sense for both the hot and cold to have the same amount of pressure loss. Perhaps if you make a sketch of how your system is laid out, it could help diagnosis.

In our 2014 KZ TT, I found a completely kinked PEX line under the dinette seat that fed the shower and fortunately it was in a spot where I could see it.

When you figure it out, don't forget to post the findings!

Redterpos3
Explorer
Explorer
I have this problem in my s&b after getting a new Water Heater. My kitchen sink has terrible pressure, but all others are OK. ??? well, plumber said some sediment must have come through the system and lodged in the kitchen sink. Actually checked pressure going into kitchen sink and it was very good. i will need to replace my kitchen sink faucet. Hopefully that will fix it!!
The Travelin' Terrapins!
2016 Ford F-350 SRW;CC;4x4;172WB;6.7PSD;34,000m
2011 Nash 27T 12,995m
2013 Yr1 30nts 3150m
2014 Yr2 52nts 3365m
2015 yr3 25nts 2260m
2016 yr4 46nts 2500m
2017 yr5 24nts 1720m
2018 yr6 4nts 30m

greende
Explorer
Explorer
So, when you open the low point drains, they flow well, correct? Then everything from there back to the pump is fine. Those drains work off of a tee. In your case, it sounds as though the tee goes directly up to the kitchen sink. If there is no visible kink in these short lines, then either your tees are plugged or there is a problem where your lines go into your kitchen faucet. You didn't by chance test the flow when you changed the faucet, did you? You may want to do that. Is hot and cold equally poor flow? If so, it is unlikely both tees are plugged at the same time.
2011 Chevy 3500 HD LTZ Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Long Box DRW
B&W Turnover Ball with Companion

2012 Keystone Cougar 293 SAB 5er

USAF 1968 - 1972 Viet Nam '71 - '72

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a crimp in the line
2015 Starcraft Launch 24RLS
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Guarded by 2 Jack Russells

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Can you work back and open the lines at a fitting?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
you sound handy, pull the lines and find the problem ,or replace them. could both be smashed some where.

kearlms
Explorer
Explorer
I have replaced the Screen (Aerator) and have removed the restrictor. The bathroom faucet has so much pressure if you are not careful you get water everywhere.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
kearlms wrote:
We even changed out he faucet to a new one. So on the road side of the TT everything has great pressure, on the curb side (Kitchen Sink only) very low pressure. .

Any suggestions?

On the new faucet, did you remove the factory installed flow restrictor?
Just a thought.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
take the screen off the faucet, blow air backwards. just a though theres something in the line. or both cold,,hot valves not open.