cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weepy Monday coming

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Guess the time is really here. Rocky is moving to LA with his new dad on Monday. DH washed it within an inch of it's life - better than when he was officially ours! The interior was already spotless compliments of me. The paperwork done, money done, now all his dad has to do is come for him. I can hardly look out there now and not feel so sad, but it's part of the plan for our future. Don't have to like this part, but it's necessary. I don't want to see Rocky go down the street this last time. It doesn't take much to make me weepy, and DH likely, too. We've had 7 wonderful years with our HTT and 1 1/2 with Rocky and will miss it terribly. Have to stay focused on the new lifestyle coming and be happy for his new dad, who is thrilled beyond belief....been there. I suggested to his new dad that he hop on RVNet and hope he will. Very nice guy from the Bayou state. I'll likely take a peek here from time to time. Thanks for all the good info, great stories and tire discussions - JK on the tires. Happy Camping all and be safe.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!
8 REPLIES 8

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
Huntindog wrote:
I know.

We are now on our third TT. Each one being bigger and better than the last one. But I have had a lump in my throat watching each of them leave for the last time

I get over it quickly when I start using the new one!

Losing a dog is one thing, but losing a TT? Not so much... 😉
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Either the good news or the bad. Rocky will be in a holding pattern here for a few more days until this blasted monsoon train gets out. His new dad is not crazy about towing his new-to-him trailer for the first time in nasty weather. And....he is thinking that sooner rather than later would be best to trade his F-150 for the new Eco Boost and has one spotted that is perfect. So we can still see our Rocky for a few more days and then the weather will clear and so will Rocky. Truly, very happy for his new dad...he is just so excited and know he'll take really good care of him. Is it against the rules to mention that we have a wonderful house, freshly painted, huge RVport, spa and all the fluff for sale? Then we can have some fun.

Born and raised in So CA and there is nothing in this world that could make me even think about returning. There is a real world outside those crazy state lines. Our BFF has tried convincing us since we left in '79 that we need to come back...life is great! Don't think so. Happy Camping, all.

2003 Ford F-150
Sam, you were the best!

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
The cleaning part sounds like me. Every used vehicle I've sold on my own went to the first "looker" since they immediately recognized the love and care that went into the prep. With one motorcycle the guy even commented that he came prepared to negotiate but couldn't do so once he saw the pride of ownership.

Good luck on your next adventure. We just passed our 3 year mark of moving out of crazy Southern California, and that opened up our world in a way that led us to buying our TT just a year ago.
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
When we picked Rocky up at the dealers we hadn't sold the ROO yet, so we had 2 trailers for a short time. I think it helped having the ROO go off the list and the fun anticipated with Rocky. Now we'll have a huge empty Rockyport staring at us. Oh, well....at least my little car is not so cramped. Yes, he will have a good home and we'll move on to the next phase of our lives. But, for sure, we're attached to this large white box. Next step is to find a new family for this house and head south to our new home in FL. Lots of changes, but we feel good about them, albeit rather unsettled at the moment. Not crazy about a lot of loose ends. I'm ready to UNpack rather than pack.

2003 Ford F-150
Sam, you were the best!

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
I know.

We are now on our third TT. Each one being bigger and better than the last one. But I have had a lump in my throat watching each of them leave for the last time
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is amazing how attached we get to our old trailers. DW was so sad when we sold our first one. We have never before been so attached to a piece of personal property. I guess that's because it is a box full of happy memories -- it is like losing part of your history.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I know the feeling. I sold ours last year and I priced it high but fairly. some one from out of state bought it and I think about her all the time. Hoping they take care of her like I did. she was a good trailer and served us well. Many good times camping and hunting. buying her new shoes and tires when she needed them etc. Hard to let go isn't it when you have such good memories.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Let Rocky go and keep the memories! Sounds like he's going to a good home!
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi