cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

West Coast Jamboree 2022, Who is Interested?

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
It has been a couple of years since the last Truck Camper Rally that we did and time we do another. We made some really great friendships last time around and would like to do it again. This thread is to see whom might be interested in attending if I was to put it together.

Right now I am tentatively thinking the weekend of April 22nd to the 24th, 2022. For locations, I do have property in Redding, CA that can easily accommodate us all (see pictures) but if there are suggestions for something else I am open to it.

If this tickles your fancy and you are serious about making the effort to attend, please post below.

Link to Google Docs Signup Form

1999 F350 Dually with 7.3 Diesel
2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper
53 REPLIES 53

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
gregchambers wrote:
Sorry for the late response as my wife and I have been out camping. We are still very interested in joining everyone in the Redding area in April!

No worries and looking forward to seeing you!

2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

gregchambers
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for the late response as my wife and I have been out camping. We are still very interested in joining everyone in the Redding area in April!

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
I think there are a few going from this group. Sadly our plans have changed. My sister had offered to watch our twin girls but I would have to drive to Redding from Gilroy, drop them off, return to Gilroy, then head to Arizona and then repeat all the driving back to Redding to get the girls when we returned. As much fun as it would have been to go to the camper rally, just could not handle that much driving in just a few days.

We are of course looking forward to seeing you all in Redding in April though. Likely just me this time as the wife and twins will likely visit with her family this go around.

2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
We're still planning on it. Maybe see some of you at the AZ rally next month?
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

greenno
Explorer
Explorer
Will be bringing some E-Mtn Bikes.

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
Glad to hear everyone looks to still be on board. I will keep you posted on additional details when we get closer. As I mentioned, I'm going to be bring my vintage ATV to do some trail riding Sunday afternoon at the Chappie OHV park near Shasta lake. 52,000 acres and 200 miles of trails and roads. Everyone attending the camper rally is welcome to join us and feel free to stay at my property Sunday evening as well if it is convenient for you.

2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

greenno
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and I are still in, coming from San Diego.

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Still unknown here, between not sure when the Camper will be completely done (even after I finish the building, I still need to trial it and fix any issues I discover, it hasn't had the Oregon Sog test yet) and work, my state is still the same.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
I will be driving through Redding in a few days. I'll keep track of how many miles/hours/gallons it takes to get there from Seattle. It would be fun to meet some of the faces behind the screen names. I'll just have to convince sweetie.

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
Great! Any of you interested in bringing the SxS or the Suzuki to go do some trail driving on Sunday? Thinking for anyone that ends up wanting to go play in the hills but doesn't want to drive home that night you could stay Sunday night at the property as well.

2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

RickW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Still a go for us.
Rick
04 GMC 1500 4X4X4, 04 Sunlite SB

bigfootford
Nomad
Nomad
We are still in.......
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Weโ€™re still in ๐Ÿ™‚ !!

3 tons

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
Okay, another update... So the good news is, the property looks to have survived well enough. Still not certain what trees will come back but right now with all the rain it looks beautiful. So... What I need to know is at this point, how many people are still a solid committed to go? If you are still in for sure, please post and let me know.

As a reminder, this is a casual 3 day, 2 night meetup. We might on Friday whenever you show up, hangout Saturday and leave on Sunday.

One thing I am considering doing is going to the Chappie - Shasta OHV area about 10 miles from Redding on Sunday after things wrap up. I am involved in a vintage ATV group and looking at trying to meet others for a ride. It might just be me with my 36 year Honda Odyssey FL350 or a handful of others. Anyone attending the Jamboree would be more then welcome to bring their toys and join us (vintage ATV not required). If you are interested in participating in this part on Sunday, please let me know.

https://www.blm.gov/visit/chappie-shasta

2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
Hey everyone, just a quick update... I have not been able to get up to the property myself yet but my parents where able to go and take a look. They said all things considering, that it wasn't too bad. Most of the trees looks to have survived. What did burn was mostly already dead or under brush that needed to be eliminated anyway. With a bit of good rain, things should green up again quite nicely in time for our event. Probably won't know entirely how many of the trees will bounce back but I will stay optimistic and hope for the best.

So, for now we will keep our fingers crossed and plan on our Jamboree being a go! I will continue to post updates should anything change in the future.

2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper