Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What's up with the classifieds?

pezvela
Explorer
Explorer
I cant access them. Keep getting "can not connect, try reloading."

This is the first time I've ever tried. Has it been de-activated? Or is it just me?
32 REPLIES 32

pezvela
Explorer
Explorer
The only legitimate reason has to be that it conflicts with the interests of the board ownership. I think the stated reason of "spam and fruitcakes" is a red herring. Too many other boards manage to make a classified board work.

traildog66
Explorer
Explorer
I found this post regarding classified ads and was wondering why no classifieds section. Every other forum I belong to has one and doesn't seem to have any spam issues, they all have their share of fruitcakes though :).

I think it's a bummer that we can't provide good used equipment/accessories etc to one another and save or recover a buck doing it. Camping World certainly makes a profit so this shouldn't be a big hit to them. Plus there's plenty of folks that will only buy new stuff. And it seems there's people willing to moderate the classifieds section to keep the spam at bay. Just some thoughts.

pezvela
Explorer
Explorer
Dead silence on this for over a month from the powers that be, except to mention how badly it went before. Disappointing. There would obviously be strong interest in it.

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
I have some used TC parts and accessories. There is not much of a market locally for these type items. I have actually given items away to people that would just pay the shipping. I wouldn't want to keep the forum sponsors from making sells and profit, but I just do not like to see good things waste.

67avion
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2

pezvela
Explorer
Explorer
It would be nice if this would happen. I'm sure we all have lots of used RVing stuff cluttering up our garages.

I got ONE reply in the Phoenix/Tucson area craigslist to my request to sell/trade my Superhitch extension..............and it was a scam, naturally.

A classified section here would be so much more focused than CL. It's a nightmare to sort through.

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
I will volunteer to be the classifieds moderator.

All classifieds where I work are reviewed and approved before being posted. There are restrictions against posting some items for sale - guns, personals, etc.

eagle777
Explorer
Explorer
I could also use it, don't think CW sells used TL or supersprings..
jack
Manteca, ca

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
I like it, this is a very suttle way of having a classified......
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)

davedye
Explorer
Explorer
I think this would be great, I used to be a truck camper guy and I still a lot of equipment to sell, with no place to sell it.
Dave
2006 Dodge Ram Dually, 3500 Quad Cab 4X4, 4.10 Gears, Cummins Diesel
2008 Lance 981 Max, Torklifts, Class V Reese Tow Beast with 24" extension, Torklift Stable Loads
2005 Triton DV 176 DV w/150hp Mercury Optimax

Hoosierdaddy47
Explorer
Explorer
TomG2 wrote:
RV stuff is somewhat unique to the industry. Things like a set of Timbrens for a late model Silverado 1500 and a Andersen No-Sway Hitch are just cluttering up my place. Wish RV.net did have some place to advertise.

So whaddya think you'd have to get for that Andersen, y'know, if there WERE a Classified section...?
2004 Antigua 215 SB
2006 Durango Adventurer Hemi
Tekonsha Prodigy P3
DW-Indeterminate age
DD-16
DS-13
Olivia-Torkie
Balthazar-Italian Greyhound
Check my group (NOT page!) on Facebook-Hybrid Travel Trailer Camping

pezvela
Explorer
Explorer
JumboJet wrote:
We have a classifieds here at work and postings are automatically removed after 30 days. I have stuff from previous trucks and TCs that I would post.

That is a great idea. Anything objectionable will naturally die.

Anything further on a classified section?

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
We have a classifieds here at work and postings are automatically removed after 30 days. I have stuff from previous trucks and TCs that I would post.

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
I would use a Classifieds Section. I understand Camper World's position, but if I don't have the dough to buy new from CW, then I simply seek other sources. Or, I don't buy it. Either way, CW isn't getting the sale 'cause I don't have the scratch. CW could chalk it up as Good Will. Like Macy's Santa Clause.
'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack