cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What size rv cover?

DinTulsa
Explorer
Explorer
I have read the reviews and opinions and Iโ€™m going to try a rv cover. That being said I have an open range Roamer 310bhs and Iโ€™m torn on what size cover to get. Iโ€™m looking at the adco designer series and they range from 31.6-34 and 34.1-37. My box is 33.6, but with the ladder Iโ€™m at 34.5. Iโ€™m thinking I will have enough cover due to the box length of 33.6 box size to go with the smaller one, I should be able to pull some extra slack and manipulate it over the ladder, but Iโ€™ve never bought a cover before so Iโ€™m unsure. Does anyone have a rv thatโ€™s slightly longer than the cover they bought? I really donโ€™t want to mess with 2.6โ€ of extra cover.
6 REPLIES 6

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
I found it useful to have some room in the front so I can cover the entire A-Frame. I put a grommet in it and use a bungee cord to secure it the a point underneath.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Sunshield tarp that covers the roof and parts of the sides, front and back. The bigger the tarp the more of the sides it covers. Check the weight of any cover you plan to buy.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, ADCO has introduced a new series called Storage Lot Covers which are a lot less costly than the AquaShed or Tyvek Designer series covers. These storage lot covers are much simpler, 4-layer polypropylene with no zippers on the curb side. I've owned both AquaShed and Tyvek versions, this winter I think I might try one of these new much more cost effective storage lot covers. In the OP's size ADCO part #74846 would get him a cover rated for 31'7" to 34'.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

temccarthy1
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with the size the other poster mentioned. If your box size is in ADCO's range, it will fit, even with ladder.
If you are getting an ADCO cover, make sure you get the "all climate with "Tyvec" roof. My first cover was an ADCO "moderate climate" designer series and the top fell apart after 2 winters. ADCO honored the full price since within the 2 yr warranty and I upgraded to the All climate one with tyvec roof. ...I just paid the $100 difference. The climate and winds in NJ I thought were "moderate" but the sun just disintegrated the top on the original cover in less than 2 years. This new one has a much tougher top and seems to be holding up better! Pay the $350 upfront and hopefully get 3 yrs or better the first time!
Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet 285RLS Ultralite TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L Triton V8
Equalizer E2 hitch

DinTulsa
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you!

Dr_Quick
Explorer II
Explorer II
My 5th wheel is 27 feet of box plus a ladder too. I ordered the 27 foot cover and it fit fine. Plenty of slack to cover ladder plus spare tire.
Would recommend that you get some swim noodles or semi rigid pipe insulation. I covered the ladder as the sharp corners of the outer edge of the ladder would have caused tears in the cover. Also used at sharp places like folding steps, corners and rear bumper ends. Don't forget to get wheel covers too, to protect tires, as cover will not reach all the way to ground. ๐Ÿ™‚
Dr Quick