cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do when warranty won’t help

Trevor0311_
Explorer
Explorer
Good afternoon. I have a question regarding warranty, and more so what the “next step” could be? We bought our 2022 Prowler 26RL in November of 2022. The refrigerator has not ever worked properly. That being said, it has been at the dealer for about 6 of these 10 months of ownership. Heartland warranty will only approve my dealer to replace the refrigerator. We are on the FOURTH replacement. I’m growing increasingly impatient. I have tried to explain to Heartland and my local dealer that after 4 refrigerators maybe they should start searching elsewhere for the issue. I’ve had no luck. What are the next steps I can take with this? Sounds petty, but at this point I’m done with it. I would rather start fresh on a new unit than continue on this nightmare. We have been TT camping for about ten years, and they have been magical years of adventures with family. We’ve endured normal issues, and are always aware that these things have problems. This is just a whole different ballgame. Any and all answers/help appreciated. Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
go get your damm rv its yours !take the cops with you.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Trevor0311! wrote:
We bought our 2022 Prowler 26RL in November of 2022. The refrigerator has not ever worked properly.

First you need to tell us what you mean by this. what is it doing, or what is it not doing. also, what type of fridge and brand/model

Depending on the issue it might be a design flaw, so installing it the same way won't help, or it could be the first one was bad, and the dealership isn't making sure the air flow paths are proper when they install the replacements.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Change refrigerator model that they are replacing even if you need to pay some amount of difference.

Forget legal threats if they have replaced it 4 times they can't do any more.

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
🙂 Hi, fourth time? I agree with you they need to look elswhere. Refrigerator vent system possibly not right.
🙂 Bob 🙂
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
As it stands now, dealer has money and camper. Maybe show up to dealer every day, and standing where any potential buyers can hear ask how much longer it will be? If stealer sees money walk out the door, might make more effort to solve the issue.
Or you can bite the bullet, hire somebody to do the repair.

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
What kind of reefer keeps going bad?

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
bite the bullet find a new repair shop . easier on the nerves and it ain,t sitting at the dealer. mostlilkly me two weeks at a dealer,I go get it.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I wish you good luck but keep in mind that our forum rules prohibit any kind of legal action discussion regarding a members situation. As soon as you mention taking any kind of legal action against the manufacturer or dealer your thread will be deleted. This is just a heads up.

Here is the specific section of the rules I am talking about.
Posts are not allowed in which a local, state, or federal consumer action board and/or legal counsel is/have been involved. This includes posts related to future, ongoing or past lawsuits.
Good luck!
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Wow 4 replacements in one year is ridiculous. I agree that it might be time to look at what else might be the actual cause.

Out of curiosity what is the issue? maybe we can give you some better or alternative suggestions to fix it. Is the refrigerator in a slideout room? Is it a 12v DC refrigerator or does it use propane and electric. Do you have the make and model of the refrigerator?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup