cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2005 SixPac D850 Wiring

stevesgarage
Explorer II
Explorer II

I have had ths camper for about 15 years and just bought the electric jack conversion kit.  The camper is pre-wired to each of the 4 corners for the jacks, but then where do they go from there?  Anybody have any ideas?  I'm a retired mechanic and have the ability to install this kit, but I am having trouble tracing the jack wires into the camper (wires everywhere!)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stevesgarage
Explorer II
Explorer II

I FOUND THEM!  Not at the front or even the side of the camper, BUT under the bathroom at the left rear corner of the camper!  Gonna rest my knees now!  Thanks for the help! (2005 Six Pac D850). 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

stevesgarage
Explorer II
Explorer II

I FOUND THEM!  Not at the front or even the side of the camper, BUT under the bathroom at the left rear corner of the camper!  Gonna rest my knees now!  Thanks for the help! (2005 Six Pac D850). 

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II

Many newer, usually larger, truck campers have storage space underneath the camper floor. That would be the basement, just like in a real building. The camper floor comes up above the wheel wells or even the bed rails. Of course, that space is also used for other purposes, like grey and black tanks.

Your camper does not have a basement. And most of the space under the step to the cabover is likely occupied by the fresh water tank.  

Get a blanket or cushion to kneel on. Or find someone handy to assist. Maybe even hire a mobile RV technician.

The wires must be there, somewhere.

2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

stevesgarage
Explorer II
Explorer II

I'm guessing the 'basement' is in that step for the cabover access. (?)  The converter, charger, water pump, and a crapload of wires are in there.  But, they all seem to be connected to components and each other . . . so far.  My 78-year-old knees are not enjoying this search.  I was tracing 2 jack wires from the left front corner to that area and lost them in the crowd!  Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm feeling just a little bit stupid for spending $1800 on this kit before I knew where it was going to be hooked up!

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II

I don't know your camper.

Where is the power supply / converter / fuse box? Get yourself a good flashlight and look inside that compartment. There is a good chance that the control board goes near the converter when the electric jacks are factory installed, and that you find a balled up bundle of wires somewhere nearby. Often this is under the sink, or under one of the dinette seats.

2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III

what camper is it.  most I have been looking at laitly have the controler in the basment so the wires should all end there if thats where it is.   

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Basement?  This is a truck camper WITHOUT electric jacks OR a controller.  Iโ€™m adding a conversion kit.  All 4 corners are pre-wired for electric jacks BUT I canโ€™t find where they terminate.  (To add a controller)  There is no basement!?

um quite a few, if not most newer models have basments, usaly they are about a foot tall and have access to your tanks, pumps and electronics.  I did look up your camper and it apears you don't have one, so guess you won't find it there.

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Bedlam

Look under the sink for the wiring. It is different in each brand - My Arctic Fox controller was under the sink and my Host was in the basement storage.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

I will look closer at the under sink area.  I have no idea what the โ€˜basementโ€™ area is!?