cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2007 Host Rainier Broke slide motor/gearbox

Jon_L
Explorer
Explorer
Slide wouldn't go in and made an awful grinding noise. There is an access hatch outside under the camper to get at the motor and connecting linkage but you can't remove motor and gearbox from there. It looks like i will have to cut a hole under the sink cabinet to get at it. The gearbox housing bro so the motor fell off in my hand.
Any one have this issue before?
6 REPLIES 6

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II

About nine years too late with that advice.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

llhillan
Explorer
Explorer

Have the same problem. Opened outside access plate and motor fell out.  Broke off gear box. No way to remove gearbox and motor from underneath location. I believe this access was only to provide the ability to disengage the break so you could manually operate the slide. Trying to figure out how to access it. I have the dinette slide.  

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
They aren't just proud of the motor and gear box. I recently replaced two of the roller bearings that the slide rolls on. It was a LTM Mfgr. mechanism but no longer supported.

There are 20 cup bearings on the mechanism being used as rollers, which isn't what they were designed for. (The design engineer obviously didn't do well in some of his classes.)

The average price that I found was a bit less than $20 each for cam follower bearings.

Would have liked to have replaced them all but didn't want to spend $400 on it right now.

It took about a day to pull the slide and then get everything put back together.
Joe & Evelyn

Jon_L
Explorer
Explorer
Contacted Host, Dave was very helpful. Its a two person job for an hour, not too bad. They sure are proud of those motors.

INBellbuoy
Explorer
Explorer
When I had a broken window a few years ago I called and left a message on their voice mail. They called back. It wasn't immediate but they called, 541-330-2328, gave me the name & number of the manufacturer to get a replacement. It was cheaper than the quotes I got on just replacing the glass!
INBellbuoy, wife of 36 yrs, 19 yr old son, & Scruffy the Goldendoodle, 2007 Dodge 3500 Quad Cab, 2005 Lund 1800 Explorer w/ 90 hp Yamaha & Minn Kota I-Pilot Link , 2006 Host Yukon W/ Tent 80W solar panel

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I haven't had any issues. Call Host.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member