cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Let's Christen the new Forum w/ a Happijac versus Rieco Titan discussion!

sasquatchgeoff
Explorer II
Explorer II

Hello group, a lot has changed since my last post, along with the march of time...

I have the two forward happijac (old #600510) original motors failed for a couple years now and have been limping along waiting for the old-style replacement motor to come in stock. This waiting has me thinking a lot about just switching the whole mess out for a Rieco Titan system. Anyone who might have done this swap, I would be very grateful for input. I've searched the group and theres a whole lot of negative discussion around happijac, but haven't seen much in the way of a HJ/RT comparison. As always, ever grateful. 

1996 F350 SRW CrewCab XLT 7.3L PS 2019 NL 10-2EXCD SE
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

srschang
Nomad
Nomad

I added Rieco Titan power jacks to our 2003 camper after a couple years of using a battery drill on the manual jacks.  It was a huge improvement.  The same RT system was on the camper when I sold it in 2019.  The RT system was still working perfectly after 14 years.  Our new camper we bought in 2019 came with a Happijac system.  I was leery after all the bad I had heard about HJ from this forum and others.   Sure enough, after two years the right front motor quit working.  I took it all apart, and couldn't see anything wrong with it.  No water infiltration, nothing  It would only work if I gave it power and turned the gear on the motor to get it spinning.  So, as replacement motors weren't available, I bought one of the new style motors.  It's worked perfect the last couple years, still running 3 old style motors and 1 new style motor.

My take - I have tremendous faith in the Rieco Titan system, and close to zero faith in the Happijac system.

2022 Ram 3500 Dually Crewcab Longbed Cummins, 2019 Northstar 12 STC

View solution in original post

Bedlam

My second camper with Rieco jacks. Happijac has stepped up their product with stronger units, but I feel this is a catch up to RT rather than surpassing them. I have not compared pricing for replacement parts, so maybe there is more value in one than the other?

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sasquatchgeoff
Explorer II
Explorer II

Thanks for the comments. I think I will investigate changing them all out to Rieco

1996 F350 SRW CrewCab XLT 7.3L PS 2019 NL 10-2EXCD SE

Bedlam

My second camper with Rieco jacks. Happijac has stepped up their product with stronger units, but I feel this is a catch up to RT rather than surpassing them. I have not compared pricing for replacement parts, so maybe there is more value in one than the other?

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

srschang
Nomad
Nomad

I added Rieco Titan power jacks to our 2003 camper after a couple years of using a battery drill on the manual jacks.  It was a huge improvement.  The same RT system was on the camper when I sold it in 2019.  The RT system was still working perfectly after 14 years.  Our new camper we bought in 2019 came with a Happijac system.  I was leery after all the bad I had heard about HJ from this forum and others.   Sure enough, after two years the right front motor quit working.  I took it all apart, and couldn't see anything wrong with it.  No water infiltration, nothing  It would only work if I gave it power and turned the gear on the motor to get it spinning.  So, as replacement motors weren't available, I bought one of the new style motors.  It's worked perfect the last couple years, still running 3 old style motors and 1 new style motor.

My take - I have tremendous faith in the Rieco Titan system, and close to zero faith in the Happijac system.

2022 Ram 3500 Dually Crewcab Longbed Cummins, 2019 Northstar 12 STC