cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Truck Camper Forum Comments

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator

I wonder how many will come over to the new forum page from RV.Net?  I thought we would see all of our old subjects over here and just continue on as usual, but so far they haven't been moved.  I hope the forum continues as this was the last page that had much helpful traffic left, or maybe the Facebook truck camper pages are our last resort?  Well, hi everyone and reply if you're over here checking it out.

IMG_4074 (002).jpg

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

evanseegmiller
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @MORSNOW

We are working on transferring all Truck Camper Content over to the new Truck Camper group! There is a lot of content so it might take us a while but eventually, we will get there! 

Thank you for your patience while we work to set up this new community. If you have more feedback we would love to hear it! 

(p.s. - we love the photo & want to see more) 

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46

Bedlam

Remember that the solution button is just as optional as the like button. If it doesn't fit the narrative of the post, you do not have to use it.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Fuller_Johnson
Explorer II
Explorer II

Still trying to figure out how all this works. I never posted much as I could figure out most things myself.

Screenshot 2023-11-24 092517.png

Dodge 2500 CTD
Dodge 3500 CTD Sunlite Apache 865 2013 Polaris 850 touring 2022 Polaris RZR 900 Trail Lots of Old Mechanical "Stuff"

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III

I guess some growing pains are expected.  It's not like the old site was perfect although it was familiar.

I haven't found a good reading view, so far.  The view seems to be optimized for showing pictures.  Not a bad thing except they take up a lot of screen space. 

Also, the editing window seems tiny and there is no way to ignore people who are spammy to me.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

There isn't.  They used a Problem/Solution tool, like Stackoverflow, vs forum software.

Each new post is a "Problem" and comments are meant to be "solutions" to said problem.

Unfortunately, it means you're basically doing the equivalent of trying to have a nice chat on a program meant for issue resolution.

Great if your focus is to have your users be a tech support group for questions like "Can I pull a Host Mammoth on my Toyota Tundra?" or "I'm overweight, will air bags make my truck legal?", but not as beneficial to a trip report post or a chat about planning a rally

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

It would be nice if they had a specific forum site to post any coding errors we might find, or functions that might help to ease using the forum.

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

Use Community Feedback for forum issues.

https://community.goodsam.com/t5/community-feedback/bd-p/CommunityFeedback

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Thank you for the link to Community Feedback.

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator

I've also noticed that this new forum requires us to scroll through each page until we see the unread reply's.  Has anyone found a way to go directly to the first unread reply?

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

If you click on the bell to the left of your Avatar at the top right of this page, you will recent replies, etc. to your last replies. 

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II

Using the page, while pretty, does feel a tad klunky.  Not sure if I'll spend as much time vs iRV2 which is still an old style format forum

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

RICKIM
Explorer III
Explorer III

We made it to the new site! I’m not opposed to the change and kinda like it. 

Everything seems to work out for the best!IMG_5382.jpeg

2018 AF1140DB, 400W solar, Trimetric, Lifeline GPL-31XT’s, rear deck,
2019 5500 Ram Crew, DRW, 6.7L-CTD, Custom TC bed, on board air, Front Rack

Yeah Rick, Me too.  I like it a lot. I'm probably going to switch over to a TT soon so I've been lurking over on that forum.  But all in all with my laymen's knowledge of all this stuff I think it's going very smoothly.

Joe

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad

My rig is a 4x4 Class C which thinks it is a truck camper.  For many years, the moderators and participants of the Truck Camper Forum have welcomed me and my trip reports.  I hope that this welcome continues in the new setup.  And I hope that the comment someone made about posting photos now being easier is correct, because I really look forward to that and am going to try it....

heading up to Coyote Flatsheading up to Coyote Flats

2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III

I was not all that active since selling the TC a few years back but would usually peruse the forums once or twice a week just to keep abreast of things.  In the post TC years I used the Routes and Tech forums more often as they were a great resource.  Don't know if those still exist or not but I envision my time here to be even less than I did because this format is too cumbersome.

I know folks complained a lot about the old format,  I did not have an issue with it.  I belong to a couple other forums and those are a whole lot easier to navigate than this new one here.

... was on the RV.net (might have started on Woodalls) since '06 but all things must come to an end.

Best wishes to all you TC'ers

Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.