cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A/C air duct sealing

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
I seen this mod on another forum and did this myself. This has made a huge difference. By removing the collar it increase's the air flow significantly because the collar sticks up into the ducting reducing air flow. Sealing the intake and exhaust helps keep it a closed system. I still have to test but have read that it can help lower temps inside by 8 degrees in 100 degree temps outside.

1. Remove vent cover then remove extension collar

2. Seal gap between ceiling panel and ducting with foil tape.

3. Seal air intake and exhaust also with foil tape

2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog
4 REPLIES 4

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I encourage all to check the baffle in their Ac unit. Those with the supply and return in the ceiling won't have the issue. Drop the bottom cover and check to see if the baffle is in the right place and is air tight. Mine was not installed right. I used to think the AC was terrible. Now it will chill us out at 90*.

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
starcraft69 wrote:
I seen this mod on another forum and did this myself. This has made a huge difference.

+ 1

It is so simple to do and doesn't cost much money for the aluminum tape and time. It is mind boggling why some just ignore the advice to do a simple reseal job on their AC and ducting to greatly increase the efficiency. "You can lead a horse to water..."

Here are some associated short videos that one can watch to get an idea what is being found and how to easily make a substantial difference in the way their AC can cool their RV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_GNjfFpTGU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzdQoDublzs
I love me some land yachting

przao
Explorer
Explorer
Nice tip!
PZ

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
It made a large difference on mine too. I am going to look at mine again because I cut the collars on mine versus taking them off. Mine may not come off but I will sure look again.

I have been working on noise dampeners for several years too. Some success but nothing marketable yet.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008