cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

slideout seal squeak

Timeking
Explorer
Explorer
There is bunch of info on such issues, but none seem on-target. We are pretty sure the squeak sound is coming from the slide seals rubbing as the slide comes in or out. Various lubricants have been suggested, but some apparently can't be used on rubber. What?!?

So what lube should I put on the fiberglass where the seals ride along? I spray the seals themselves with the Camco slide-out rubber seal protectant, which apparently protects the seal, but does not address the squeak.

Carnuba car wax?
3 REPLIES 3

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
I have over 30 years of working on Slide outs. It is extremely rare for a rubber slide out seal to cause squeaking. What usually causes that noise is somewhere along the perimeter of the slide flange there is metal to metal contac where the rubber seal is missing OR collapsed enough to allow the metal slide flange to contac the sidewall. OR, the metal slide mechanism is causing the noise. Doug

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I rub a little baby powder on the rubber wiper/seals, after the rubber seal protectant dries. I also use Protect All on the slide sides, including the windows/frames.

Jerry

Esacnj
Explorer
Explorer
Try 303 Protectant on the rubber.
Esacnj