cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

mp3's on usb drive

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I have a usb drive that I recorded 400 mp3 songs on using Windows 7. It works fine in my Jensen Radio/dvd/cd/player in the trailer using the usb port. I wanted to make a back-up copy and copied the entire drive to a new Fat32 usb drive on my new Windows 10 computer. All the files are there and will play on my computer but NOT in the Jensen player in the trailer. Any ideas on what I need to do to make the files recognizable in the trailer?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand
11 REPLIES 11

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE... Finally found a 4gb usb drive and transferred all the mp3"s to it. It works fine in the Jensen in the trailer. Thanks everyone!
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

MrWizard
i think.. you will find that you can 'backup store them' anywhere
including the PC
but need to be on the smaller 'USB DRIVE' for the jensen to play them

EDIT TYPOS
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I think delwhjr, MrWizard, and Y-Guy may have it. I checked the old drive and it is 4gb. New drive is 8gb. I'll try a smaller drive and see if that works. Thanks, I would have never thought of that!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
bob213 wrote:
I have a usb drive that I recorded 400 mp3 songs on using Windows 7. It works fine in my Jensen Radio/dvd/cd/player in the trailer using the usb port. I wanted to make a back-up copy and copied the entire drive to a new Fat32 usb drive on my new Windows 10 computer. All the files are there and will play on my computer but NOT in the Jensen player in the trailer. Any ideas on what I need to do to make the files recognizable in the trailer?

Well I assume the Jensen simply can not read FAT32.. I'd get a new drive and format NTFS see if that works

Or burn 'em to CD's the jensen may be able to do that.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
The sector size on the new FAT32 drive could be too large for the Jensen. FAT32 standard allows a wide range of sector sizes (512 bytes to at least 4 KB) and clustering arrangements to support devices ranging from 2MB to 16TB. The computer writing to the larger storage device could very well format the device to use blocks and clusters not in the range of what an older client can handle.

I've run into this often on solid state storage devices for cameras, as capacity has progressed. Sometimes I've been able to make the camera reformat the storage media, in which case it might use half, or a quarter of the nominal capacity, but I doubt that your player has even that much smarts.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Y-Guy
Looked up Jensen RV Stereo but since I don't know your model # this may not apply but my gut is that it's all the same...

USB function does not work
-Make sure USB device is fully inserted.
-Verify USB device contains MP3 or WMA files.
-Supports USB drives up to 4GB.
-Does not support portable hard drives or some USB music devices.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

MrWizard
NEW usb drive ?

how much bigger is it
what is the size of the old one and the new one
is the old one FAT32 or NTFS

either the size on the new is too large , the player won't access it
or it is Formatted wrong ?

does the old one have an index file list and the new does not ?
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
How much data(GB)do they hold? There could be a limit on drive size on the Jensen
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
The original usb drive that works is formatted Fat32. The new one is also Fat32. The only thing I can think that has changed is the operating system they were copied with.

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
Probably need to format the USB using exFAT not FAT
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
Figure out what file system the radio uses, and re-format, re-record the songs on the newly formatted USB drive.
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)