cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Narrows 2 in Maine

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking about seasonal site here for this summer. All looks good on line for reviews but anyone with insight, is thanked in advance for insight..
Nancy
5 REPLIES 5

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moosehead05 wrote:
JoeH wrote:
Yes, we are still in Apollo Beach, but have been in the Keys since mid-December.
Did you notice what shape Big Pine Key Fishing Lodge is in?? Going there in april.

They are jammed packed ! We didn't stop in but from driving by, it is really full, even the rustic area. I was talking to a guy that was staying there and he said things were ok, but the store is not open, they are operating out of a mobile office/trailer. I didn't ask about the pool, but since it's elevated, I'd guess it's OK. Lots of boats in the canal, so I imagine the ramp is operational.
That was one of our favorite places to stay, until we started traveling with dogs, which is a no no there due to the Key Deer.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Moosehead05
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
Yes, we are still in Apollo Beach, but have been in the Keys since mid-December.
Did you notice what shape Big Pine Key Fishing Lodge is in?? Going there in april.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
We've been there in July and August and have had no issues with bugs or flies. We do have a canopy we put over the picnic table, but don't even put the screens on it.
Road noise is not an issue, it's back enough from the road ( unless you are up by the office-club house) that noise isn't an issue.
Airplane noise will very. There are a couple tour operations that have small single engine planes for tours of the area. Holidays and weekends are usually pretty busy, but I don't find it annoying. Generally, it's later in the morning before they start and they wrap it up prior to sunset.
You also will get a few private jets coming and going, but again, not a big deal.

Joe

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Joe.
We stayed in N. Maine in July a few yrs back and had horseflies that were unforgiving! Any thoughts about those at campground? ( We literally had to buy screen hooded face protectors!)
Any issue with airplane or road noise? We will be towards back but not waterfront.
Thanks again. We are in Clearwater, Fl til April 1 or so, are you still in Apollo Beach?

Anyone else?

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
We've stayed there a month for each of the last 10 summers ,except 1 year when we went to Utah.

Not sure what info you are looking for. Power and water pressure is good, no sewer issues, sites are reasonably large. We park our 43ft MH,F-150 , motorcycle,bicycles and canopy with plenty of room to spare. Some sites are waterfront ( not nearly as much room) ,some waterview.

Just about every site has a fire pit/ring. Firewood is sold in the park as well as all along the roadsides A few are shaded.

There is a shuttle to take you to the park or Bar Harbor. Walmart and grocery stores a few miles away in Lamoine /Ellsworth. Right outside of the park are 3 different lobster pounds. Any specific questions, let me know
Joe