cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comcast outage hits cities across the US

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thought that the issue was just our little county, but it is in many cities nationwide;
Comcast outage hits cities across the US

Comcast appears to be having intermittent problems with its service across all of the US. The company has confirmed that customers “may still be experiencing an issue” with the Xfinity Voice phone service, but reports from social media and the Down Detector indicate that customers are having problems with their internet service in virtually every major city in the US.

Reports from the Down Detector suggest that the majority of people reporting problems are having issues with their internet, with problems on phone and TV service also being called in. Of course, the kind of users who report issues on the Down Detector are also the kind of users who are more likely to only have an internet connection and not landline phone, so it’s not clear what the primary problem is.
The issues started around 11AM Eastern time, with Comcast acknowledging the issue in a solitary tweet around 1PM.

The primary cities experiencing issues, according to the Down Detector, are San Francisco, Chicago, Portland, Denver, and Seattle. That’s most of Comcast’s biggest cities for availability, so it’s safe to assume that this is a nationwide problem, rather than being linked to regional issues in a handful of cities.

At times like this there’s not really much you can do apart from wait, watch Comcast’s Twitter account, and check the data allowance on your cell plan. Once the company says that service has been resumed, it’s a good idea to reboot your cable modem and any connected devices if your service still isn’t working.

Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.
16 REPLIES 16

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
This morning I was in Burton MI. in a Wal*mart (Eye doc) and using the net (Wal-Mart customer wi-fi) while waiting on the doc.. Suddenly "Can not find page".. Then after I paid for my new glasses (insurance only covered the doc) it was off to a local Wi-Fi enabled eatery. NO joy there either on their node. their partner's node or two other nodes visible.. NO connections OH I got an IP address all right but "Internet may not be available" said my Chrome books.

Finally gave up and used my Wireless (Cellular) it worked.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Verizon Wireless had a trojan hit their online account access site on Tues. Took down their account maintenance and registration. It kept trying to deliver an infected .docx file to end users.

These kinds of incidents are seldom isolated and even less often remain so.

Run your AVG and Malwarebytes scans 😉

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
I couldn't log on to my email account thru Comcast but they kept coming to my phone. Odd.

I had a similar issue both yesterday and today. Comcast email via the phone works, but yesterday the web mail interface was on and off again throughout the day. This morning, no webmail at all. Just tried webmail again and still won't load.
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I couldn't log on to my email account thru Comcast but they kept coming to my phone. Odd.
Puma 30RKSS

hawkeye-08
Explorer II
Explorer II
Daughter #3 works in health insurer call center.. they knew it was down right away because the call volume spiked as customers could not access website for insurance provider.. Interesting how some customers thought (even after being told it was not provider's equipment) that the call center could fix the problem..

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
I had to put down my phone and read a magazine while sipping a martini at the pool. Oh the horror!
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
gafidler wrote:
not a problem for Dish custermers

Dish has enough problems already :). Like rain.
Puma 30RKSS

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don't currently have Comcast service, but as a previous customer our email account is ours as long as we access it once a month. It was our primary account so we just kept on using it. well having issues connecting today.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
T18skyguy wrote:
I hate Comcast.

Ha.....haha.....Muhahahahahahaa
Me too LOL. I would rather have someone cut me from head to toe with razors while another person dumps salt all over me than attempt to get something resolved with those people. Who is worse? Comcast, Verizon, AT&T lol.....they all basically suck.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
DiskDoctr wrote:
Started tracking these issues early afternoon on 6/5. Some problems were affecting cellular carriers, too- both voice and messaging.

Hint: This isn't the first time recently...some things going on.

Probably the Russians lol.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
It's outages like this that make me glad we have redundant Internet using multiple carriers. When our router/repeater senses on outage it automatically fails over to another service.

Dutch, how does this work and who provides it. Thanks
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I've been having issues with them, and when I call they say they see no problem. I installed a program called Net up time monitor, and recorded as many as 20 outages per day, but usually more like 10-12, lasting mostly 5-20 seconds but at times as long as 10 minutes. All the neighbors are complaining as well. There seems to be some kind of systemic problem that they can't seem to solve. I did the reboot thing doesn't affect it at all. My security camera reports every outage with a timestamp as well and sends an email. I hate Comcast. I'd be happy to pay more if someone offered comparable speed. Anybody have any suggestions?
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

gafidler
Explorer
Explorer
not a problem for Dish custermers

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Started tracking these issues early afternoon on 6/5. Some problems were affecting cellular carriers, too- both voice and messaging.

Hint: This isn't the first time recently...some things going on.