cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Corroded Direct TV Slimline

aksnowman
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Winegurd Slimline Directv unit that has a corroded coaxial cable connection located where the 4 coaxial connections are on the bottom of the unit. I have replaced the male side on the cable but the female connection on the unit is a bit different. It is a coaxial female connection on one side and what appears to be a mini or micro coaxial on the internal side. I have called Winegurd and they do not sell the connector. I can not find the connector in any of the local places (Fry's Electronic, Best Buy, Platt electrical supply and a few locally run companies.

Has anyone had any experience with this problem? Anyone know where to get the connector?
Anyone have any suggestions? I have photos but don't know how to upload them to this message

Thanks in advance
AK Snowman
Eagle River AK
3 REPLIES 3

aksnowman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I found a connector that should work and will be installing today.
AK Snowman
Eagle River AK

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 4 coax connection at the base of a Trav'ler that output the signal to the coach are all standard barrel connectors. Are you looking for the tiny F-connectors on the coax cable itself? It's RG179 cable so you can Google "rg179 coax f connector" and find the ends.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
It should be a standard coax bulkhead fitting.