cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Garmin Nuvi 2699 Memory Card Problem

Sonora108
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Nuvi 2699 LMT and I cannot get a memory card to stay inserted. I've tried several different brands and sizes including the one that's worked just fine for the last several months. None will click into place they all just pop right back up. Cannot get Garmin on phone till Monday but just wondering if anyone has seen this problem.
Bill
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L, B&W Hitch, Twin Honda EU2000i Generators, Tri Metric Battery Monitor, Reese 5th. Airborne.

โ€œGoing to the mountains is going home.โ€ John Muir
4 REPLIES 4

Sonora108
Explorer
Explorer
I emailed Garmin Tech. Support the 23 and received an answer the 24. Luckily for me my unit is under warranty till July 17 2018, they will replace my bad one all I have to do is pay the shipping. I am happy with this but am still waiting on them to tell me where to ship my bad one. They said they will not ship the new one till they receive the old one.
Bill
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L, B&W Hitch, Twin Honda EU2000i Generators, Tri Metric Battery Monitor, Reese 5th. Airborne.

Wadcutter
Explorer III
Explorer III
Had the same problem. When I talked to Garmin they said the piece that locks the card in was probably broken. They said not a fix for the user. Sent me a new one, IIRC for $99.
Camped in every state

Sonora108
Explorer
Explorer
I know, we've had this Nuvi for almost a year now and this is the first time that a card won't stay locked in. I've tried my finger nail, pen point and other things to get the card to stay down but it will not. If your not careful it will shoot the card out over 5 feet.
Bill

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Those little micro SD card slots are spring-loaded and latch. Are you using a fingernail to make sure the card latches all the way in (and that the card is oriented in the right direction)? I've got cards in all three of our Garmins and have never experienced what you're describing.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015