cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

One piece 32x32 shower enclosure. Which one?

rerod
Explorer
Explorer
Id like to remodel a camper and a different camper I used to own had a one piece shower enclosure Id like to find for sale.

Does anyone know of a good quality fiberglass/acrylic 32x32 one piece shower enclosure they can recommend? It has to be top quality since I plan on full timing with this camper.

Thanks!
12 valve ram
10 REPLIES 10

stevemorris
Explorer
Explorer
following, next years project is a shower unit instead of the tub/shower
removing and reinstalling a wall would not be difficult if needed
2017 Ram 1500 4door, 4x4, 5.7 l hemi, 8 speed
2008 KZ Spree 260

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our TT has a factory installed one-piece shower made by Shower Enclosures of America (SEA). It's around 30x48". They don't seem to have a website you can look at and may need to contact them on where to buy.

I think a residential one might be an issue due to the height of the base. Residential bases aren't very tall and no access is needed underneath. An RV type is raised so you can get at the P-trap & drain. But in a TH you might have more height available and could just build a raised base/plinth. Some residential showers need to have a base of mortar (or sometimes spray foam) to prevent the floor from flexing and cracking. Some have thick reinforced fiberglass floors that don't need the additional support.

You'll want to have access to the P-trap and maybe the valves. Our shower has a round access hatch like in the photo in the base and next to the valves. These can be purchased separately.

One other thing I can think of is that our SAE shower has a latch that locks the sliding doors in place for travelling. You'll want something that securely holds a sliding or swinging door in place.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
And now we know the rest of the story!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

rerod
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
How would you get a full one piece assembly into the bath?
When built the walls are not in place!

There are no interior walls, Im remodeling, and I should have called it the toyhauler it is.

I should have figured the residential market is where I need to look.
12 valve ram

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Lowes has got what you want I think. The fiberglass units, whether one piece or two or three pieces, will be nice and strong if installed properly.

...if you can get them in your camper. good luck

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
How would you get a full one piece assembly into the bath?
When built the walls are not in place!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

rerod
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
I would be looking at something like this
Lowes shower pan
I would stay away from some of the RV ones as they flex and may crack around drain and in the corners.
I am guessing OP just wants the pan. Then install walls using the flexible one piece style. I do not think he really means walls and base in one piece.

Yes I do mean one piece enclosure.. My featherlite had one. Maybe I should call them.
12 valve ram

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would be looking at something like this
Lowes shower pan
I would stay away from some of the RV ones as they flex and may crack around drain and in the corners.
I am guessing OP just wants the pan. Then install walls using the flexible one piece style. I do not think he really means walls and base in one piece.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

rerod
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis12 wrote:
can you get a 32" 1 piece in the door?

Yes I can.
12 valve ram

Dennis12