cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arched ceiling travel trailer short spouse and roof vents

JimJohnson
Explorer
Explorer

With an arched ceiling in our travel trailer, my spouse cannot reach the roof vent knob without some form of assistance. Rather than drag a stick or step stool to the vent - she called me to do the job for her. So the answer was to make a full-time extender that was still removable for maintenance.

'furniture grade' 1 1/4" furniture grade pipe plus fancy caps along with a Frenco you can't see unless you are right under the vent.

While I can still just fit under the extender, the rubber Frenco has some 'give' if someone accidentally bumps into it.
8 REPLIES 8

keymastr
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon has the Maxxair plus 4500K for $189 It is remote controlled, has a rain sensor and the thermostat will turn it off and on automatically. Can blow in or out at the touch of a button. 10 speeds, creates quite a breeze. And us vertically challenged folks don't have to stretch anymore. 🙂

beachcomber_1
Explorer
Explorer
Drill 2 holes in knob to fit tangs on hot dog fork. Extend fork , turn knob. cheap and easy.Works foe me.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
My five foot wife had the same problem -- could not reach stuff in the upper cabinets. The solution? Hiking boots! Not quite as stylish as stiletto heels, but the boots give her an extra inch without sacrificing stability.

Plus she can (and does) wear them for hiking, so it's a win-win.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Wooden stools don’t cost much. Paint it pink.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
Fernco , not Frenco.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Jim@HiTek wrote:
A taller wife would have saved you time. Not money tho...

You're absolutely right! I had a wife with a 34" inseam. Had to fire her and her high maintenance ways.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Looks cheaper than a remote controlled unit....
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
A taller wife would have saved you time. Not money tho...
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.