Explorer
A combination of Japanese MDT Truck and Amercan RV towing an Australian Trailer
17 REPLIES 17

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:
blownstang01 wrote:
Last time that trailer picture came up on here, I commented that the RV would be underwater at the boat ramp by the time the boat touched the water. Someone went ahead and explained that the trailer lowered once the truck is off. I guess my sarcasm doesn't show well in print. So, I won't say it again in this post. ๐Ÿ™‚

I think that was me, the reason I thought you didn't understand my setup is where ever I go I get people that ask how do I get the boat up there and down, some people just don't get it even though they are standing at my trailer..

No issue. Like I said, sarcasm doesn't translate well in print. It made me chuckle though.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:
blownstang01 wrote:
Last time that trailer picture came up on here, I commented that the RV would be underwater at the boat ramp by the time the boat touched the water. Someone went ahead and explained that the trailer lowered once the truck is off. I guess my sarcasm doesn't show well in print. So, I won't say it again in this post. ๐Ÿ™‚

I think that was me, the reason I thought you didn't understand my setup is where ever I go I get people that ask how do I get the boat up there and down, some people just don't get it even though they are standing at my trailer..

Quite common in Australia, but obviously unusual in the US
Car is the RAV 4 in the background. Homemade trailer. Motorhome is NOT a Winnebago

The " Winnebago" is this

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
blownstang01 wrote:

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Let me join the club

BillHoughton
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I was young - we're talking late 1960s here, soon after people stopped riding dinosaurs and started melting them down to make gasoline instead - I remember commenting to my parents that, as I traveled around, I was seeing pickup trucks with camper shells, with a trailer behind, and either a boat on the trailer or a rowboat on top of the camper shell; or a trailbike on a carrier at the front of the truck. But never a boat AND a trailbike; one or t'other. Then, finally, on the road somewhere in the mountains of southern California, I saw a complete set: pickup truck, camper shell, camping trailer, rowboat atop the camper shell, trailbike on the front of the truck. I sent them an excited postcard. Life was good.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
ron.dittmer wrote:
That first picture looks like the guy used a 5th wheel for his house. It also appears he is financially supporting himself via the food truck inside the trailer.

It is not common, but not unheard of to see people towing a 5th wheel with a boat behind that. I also recall people towing a travel trailer and a boat behind that. I understand doing so is limited to a few states that permit it. You can't do that cross-country.

Towing our Jeep Liberty is challenging enough for me.

Not a food truck but a sort of Truck Camper

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I like it.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Turning the American made 5th wheel around backwards also puts the entry door on the correct side for the Aussies.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
16 Tires on the ground...
Don't forget the 6 on the food truck.

Replace them every 5 years? :E

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
16 Tires on the ground...
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
That first picture looks like the guy used a 5th wheel for his house. It also appears he is financially supporting himself via the food truck inside the trailer.

It is not common, but not unheard of to see people towing a 5th wheel with a boat behind that. I also recall people towing a travel trailer and a boat behind that. I understand doing so is limited to a few states that permit it. You can't do that cross-country.

Towing our Jeep Liberty is challenging enough for me.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:

All it needs is an ATV to be perfect.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:

Boat and Trailer combination common here