cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HOW YOUR IPhone could save your life.

Songbirds
Explorer
Explorer
Truly it is my wish everyone arrives at your destination safely. But as we all know accidents do happen and that is why their called accidents. Here is how your iPhone could save your life. ON every iPhone FREE from Apple is a HEALTH APP. Let's say you're in an auto/RV accident and unconscious. A Policeman or Firemen, can pick up your iPhone even if locked and ONLY enter your emergency information, nothing more. But only if YOU HAVE SET UP MEDICAL ID, in advance. This would also be good to set up on child phone should they have a medical emergency. List your medical issue(s), BIO, DOCTOR and emergency contact(s).

Here the link: iPhone Health APP Medical ID Information.
2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van, showing six tires down, 3400XD, V6, 7-Speed Automatic 24FL, 170-WB, 24'-3", Coachmen Galleria w/Li3, "Next ROAD TRIP" to where?
6 REPLIES 6

Eric_Lisa
Explorer II
Explorer II
pitch wrote:
Keep your phone in your pocket!

There are risk trade-offs in everything. Keeping a cell phone next to your body does increase the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) due to radiation. And we all know that increased radiation leads to increased probability of cancer.

So what is more likely? That you will be trapped and unable to reach a cell phone to call for help? Or that you will come down with cancer at some point? I am not sure there is a right answer as much as there is an individual preference.

iPhone RF Exposure per Apple

CNET's list of the top radiation producing phones

This does give you something to think about the next time you see a woman tuck a cell phone in her bra. Seems to me like a big risk for later-in-life problems.
Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
Look first for a medic alert bracelet.. A first aid person could leave a note in the personโ€™s pocket more easily than in the iPhone. I think the most useful Apple feature in this area is the Find Friends App that makes it easy to find the location of a friend or family member.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
This is good information. I set my medical info up on my iPhone a few months ago. I take blood pressure medicine so of course entered that along with my wife and kids contact info. Anyone can access this information if you're out of commission
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
Also, keep your phone in your pocket. In an accident it will end up under the dash,between the seats,out the window. In your pocket it will be there where you can find it.

Not RV related, but my brother had a cement block wall fall on him, he layed pinned for six hours with his cell on the dashboard fifty feet away.
He was just lucky that a friend saw his truck and stopped to say hi.

Keep your phone in your pocket!

FF286
Explorer
Explorer
RedRollingRoadblock wrote:
You missed a couple of forums to post this to.

Where else is this posted on this forum, I havenโ€™t seen it.
If on completely different forums, who cares why not.

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
You missed a couple of forums to post this to.