Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Marcus-- Good Call on Flying Your "Big Flag"

sdbounderdiesel
Explorer
Explorer
Marcus,

I am glad to see you stand your ground on flying the Americian flag at your Gander Outdoor Store despite the injunction. Good Call!
15 REPLIES 15

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
There is nothing patriotic about breaking laws.
It's growing in popularity.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
As was repeatedly pointed out in the previous thread, patriotism is not measured by flag size. The flag in question is an advertising ploy much more than a patriotic display. The value of the publicity apparently exceeds the costs of any fines. Even the flag must be subject to reasonable limits. There is nothing patriotic about breaking laws.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:
:B :B :B

Anybody who is offended by the American flag, and disrespects it in anyway ( which included kneeling ) should leave the country... end of story.

there are WAY TOO MANY Americans that gave their life to protect mine and YOUR Freedom of speech... It is he least we can do.... I just want to know when did it all become political ??? It HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS... It's the right thing to do... white-black-red-republican-Democrat-other.. whatever...

x2 - getting my vote in.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

2oldman wrote:
I see some undies in an uproar.

๐Ÿ˜‰
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I see some undies in an uproar.

:B :B :B

Anybody who is offended by the American flag, and disrespects it in anyway ( which included kneeling ) should leave the country... end of story.

there are WAY TOO MANY Americans that gave their life to protect mine and YOUR Freedom of speech... It is he least we can do.... I just want to know when did it all become political ??? It HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS... It's the right thing to do... white-black-red-republican-Democrat-other.. whatever...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
This one will be closed too.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
If CW can prove that they were granted a variance for the larger flag, then they should do so. Otherwise, they should conform to local law. Perhaps Marcus is just taking advantage of a lot of free publicity?? Although I occasionally purchase a few accessories through CW, I think the company needs an overhaul and Marcus should be addressing the terrible reputation CW has for after purchase service and repair work. When we were looking to purchase our first MH, we went to a couple CW locations and we were not impressed with their customer service or inventory. So...Marcus has more to worry about than flying a huge flag. His patriotism isn't going to be compromised by flying a smaller flag!
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer

Not a huge Marcus fan, but I really like the big flag because I am a huge USA fan!
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rah Rah Marcus...........NOT!

IF he was a 'good corporate' citizen he would comply with the variance the city council granted...one that he applied for

Nothing but marketing/advertisement ploy.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
Yea, I started that topic... It's a shame that was closed on the 3rd page.. People got their undies in an uproar !!! :B

No undies were in an uproar, you simply posted a link to a one sided story, which essentially made your post worthless.

Yea, I started that topic... It's a shame that was closed on the 3rd page.. People got their undies in an uproar !!! :B
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Link to other postings

Nobody is telling Marcus he can't fly a flag. The city is saying he can't flay a flag that is larger than the 25 fee by 40 feet (1000 square feet) that the city regulations allow.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup