cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Out of the blue....

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
One of the best things about belonging to RV.Net are the people I have met, face 2 face. I have had the pleasure of meeting 20? people and their families. I have become personal pals with Off-Pavement and pianotuna and Bill Delory in Florida. and, as is always the case, some I have met we just didn't see eye to eye, but that in no way diminishes the pure joy of having met them.

Last week I received an E from a member that is from Chicago, but was just up the road in Kelowna and suggested maybe we could meet for coffee. Ultimately Aslam and his wife and 3 kids ended up on our curb for 24 hours. The Hussiens are on quite an RV adventure and are now on their way home having visited Yukon and Alaska and many points in between.

I love it when that happens....please...don't be shy. Stop in and say hi. We can offer power and laundry and some supper.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
13 REPLIES 13

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's great that you have met new people and have a good time with people from RV.NET.

I like your attitude !!

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Gary thank you for sharing your post!

When the rallies were popular here we had the opportunity to meet some of the most friendly folks and to this day we are still meeting up at least 2X per year. :C

Had some enjoyable conversations with RV.net members on the PM level also!

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Some of my best friends are folks that I have met here on RV.net or while RVing around the country. Many from here I have known for almost 20 years.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:

I did and they were awesome, my DW would not go, as she said I could be going to meet a serial killer :B

My wife said she did not want to camp next to people we had only met on the net. I asked what she knew about who we would be in the next site on most trips...

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't met very many people in person who are on RV.net, but have met a couple, and the experience was quite pleasant. ๐Ÿ™‚ Good folks everywhere!
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to suggest that those of you who love having friendly RVers stay at your place, should become hosts via Boondockers Welcome. It is a great organization and we have stayed with some wonderful people who are happy to not only accommodate you, but provide local information.

Have a look at Boondockerswelcome.com
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I usually talk to people when camping and used to ask if they had heard of RV.net. I can't remember a single person saying that had heard of it and finally stopped asking. Either I'm talking to the wrong people, or maybe I'm just that scary in real life. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Wonderful story, we have had a couple of people we have met online that we had here on Kerr Reservoir, we only have w&e (15 amp) available but it has been fun.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
This is great!
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
We have met so many new friends which have become very long time personal friends met at campgrounds. Many dozens of them! Next week 2 of the friend couples (1 from Lubbock Texas and the other from Santa Fe New Mexico) will be staying at our home in West Michigan for several days. Each has a 25' TT and will be staying on our property as many of our various friends do and have FHU for them.

Then we will all go together with our RV's (3) up north and to the U.P. of Michigan for RV travel and camping and the Fall color leaves peeping. Will be going to a couple National Parks too in Michigan. Stopping together at several venues and other sights along the way and plan to be gone for 2-3 weeks before they return home. Will be about mid-October then when they start south.

We have for over 35 years now been RV'ing to various met new friends homes around the U.S. and Canada and they also have come to our home on the Lake Michigan Shoreline area. We always have so much fun together and it just keeps on going on and on and on! Our longest campground met friends happened in 1963 and ity's still going on today yet!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
I envy them and admire their courage.
Our first big family trip was two weeks on the roads of N. Ontario, tenting every night. Great memories.

That's awesome Gary ! ! ! !

I have a great friend that I met here on RV.net.. in fact he has helped me become a better person, and got me through some difficult times in my life... He is now considered as one of my best friends...

Funny story, back after chatting for some time here, I found out that he was going to be within 20 minutes of the house.. We chatted and agreed for me to go visit him and his wife at their RV...

I did and they were awesome, my DW would not go, as she said I could be going to meet a serial killer :B Anyway, all 4 of us are now very close and I thank God for them !

that was 11 years ago, and now we camp together every chance we get

Way to go Gary !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet