cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Pro TPMS battery replacement

Fulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone tried to open a Pressure Pro tire pressure monitor to replace the battery? I’m talking the older style that was not user replaceable and cost $50 each to replace. I am NOT going to pay $500 to replace my 10 sensors when I can buy a better system for about the same price. I figure I will attempt to open one and see if I can replace the battery myself. I was just wondering if anyone else has done this and how they went about doing it.
Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog

2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic

5 REPLIES 5

SusanDallas
Explorer
Explorer
I would purchase a Tire Minder system. I replaced my batteries yesterday and it took me less than a minute to replace each one. Also, Tire Minder sends you free batteries each year.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
New sensors would be my choice.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
I did and the battery is soldered in. Getting it sealed back up will be challenging. As a previous owner you should be able to get them for $25. I would call them.
X2

I called and replaced mine for $25 each. After 7 years I didn't object to replacing with new.
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

mlburst
Explorer
Explorer
Replacement sensors are $39 each - https://tirepressuremonitor.com/pressurepro-replacement-sensors/
Mike & Joanna
Myrtle Beach SC/Port Charlotte FL
"Any-timers" since Dec 2010
2010 Heartland Sundance 2900MK
2012 Ford F250 Lariat King Ranch CC 6.7L Diesel
Heartland Owners Club #1452
Escapees #99187

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I did and the battery is soldered in. Getting it sealed back up will be challenging. As a previous owner you should be able to get them for $25. I would call them.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...