cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

stand alone antenna booster

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
Our wineguard doesn't have the built in booster. I added a stand alone and a wingman years ago. A couple years ago, at a place I know we had signal before, we got nothing. Replaced the booster and all was fine again.
Same problem, no channels where I used to get @8 It's my backyard so I know what I should get.
Can anyone recommend an aftermarket antenna booster that will last, or might pick up more channels ?
TIA
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo
4 REPLIES 4

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Iโ€™d simply replace all of it with the latest Winegard Sensar and Sensar Pro control box. Canโ€™t believe they still install non boosted antennas in RVโ€™s. Even way back in 2009...
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Though I've heard of boosters failing.. Rare.. You do now that the TV needs to be Re-scaned right. many stations just changed the frequency upon which they transmit.

Have you considered teh winegard Sensar PRO (NOTE before you try it check for continunity between the center wire and nut on the coax to the roof. If exist. do not use sensar pro) Or better yet put in a sensar pro and a new Sensar IV head
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Winegard Sensar Pro. Adjustable amp, scan peak signal meter. Made a big difference.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
re-scan. a lot of stations changed frequency on friday, 10/18.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle