cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Visible Party Pay

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
I just started using Visible. I am wondering if anyone else using Visible is interested in joining my Party Pay to save $5 a month. If so, let me know and I will give you my info.
19 REPLIES 19

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
GDS-3950BH wrote:
Gulfcoast wrote:
A positive attitude usually works for me.

A positive attitude only works for awhile, until they decide to change the plan. They always change the plan. It does not matter who it is, which is why they all include the verbiage in the agreement. All it amounts to is a ploy to get you to switch carriers. It's no different than auto insurance and lots of other things. I wish I had $10 for every time one of the cellular providers changed the agreement/plan since the late 80's.

I hope Visible and your positive attitude work out.

GDS - carry a metal trash can lid with you at all times!

Good prep, as The Sky May Fall At ANY Moment !!..:E

Drop and cover, ROTFLMAO

:R

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
GDS-3950BH wrote:

They will get a lot of ship jumpers from other carriers such as AT&T and providers aligned with them, along with some of their own Verizon customers too. It doesn't matter, they will still turn a profit on the Verizon customers who jump over, just not as much profit. Then in a year or so, they'll simply change the rules of the game and increase the prices. That is why they have the clever verbiage in the agreements. One is born every minute.

You have to love the way Verizon and AT&T come up with ways to stick it to you, this Visible will be no different. With Verizon you can get 4 lines for @ $140 per month but if you only need 1 line that will set you back $70, not $35. If you need 2 lines that's $120, not $70.

Is your glass always half empty???

Visible is working fine for me at $25/mo, but if they change something I don't like I'll drop them and move on to something else. My total upfront cost for Visible was a $19 phone. I only use Visible for the unlimited data, not for my day to day phone service. My other unlimited data plan is AT&T's Connected Car plan at $23.50/mo with tax/fee. I've had that one for about 2 years now, with no significant changes in pricing so far. Both plans are month to month with no contracts, so no penalties for dropping them at any time...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
"They will get a lot of ship jumpers from other carriers such as AT&T and providers aligned with them, along with some of their own Verizon customers too. It doesn't matter, they will still turn a profit on the Verizon customers who jump over, just not as much profit. Then in a year or so, they'll simply change the rules of the game and increase the prices. That is why they have the clever verbiage in the agreements. One is born every minute."

So? It's not like switching is any big deal. You spend an hour or so, probably less, and you save quite a bit of money for a year. What's not to like? It's like crossing the street and buying gas at the cheaper station. Silly not to save a few bucks when possible.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Kountryguy.... now back to the original message.

I'm very happy with Visible and I hope it works well for you too.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
So Visible is a Verizon company? Why doesn't Verizon just offer the plan(s)?

They will get a lot of ship jumpers from other carriers such as AT&T and providers aligned with them, along with some of their own Verizon customers too. It doesn't matter, they will still turn a profit on the Verizon customers who jump over, just not as much profit. Then in a year or so, they'll simply change the rules of the game and increase the prices. That is why they have the clever verbiage in the agreements. One is born every minute.

You have to love the way Verizon and AT&T come up with ways to stick it to you, this Visible will be no different. With Verizon you can get 4 lines for @ $140 per month but if you only need 1 line that will set you back $70, not $35. If you need 2 lines that's $120, not $70.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
So Visible is a Verizon company? Why doesn't Verizon just offer the plan(s)?

I guess in a way they do... just not sure why they "made" a different company.

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
It will and thanks for your interest.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Gulfcoast wrote:

A positive attitude only works for awhile, until they decide to change the plan. They always change the plan. It does not matter who it is, which is why they all include the verbiage in the agreement. All it amounts to is a ploy to get you to switch carriers. It's no different than auto insurance and lots of other things. I wish I had $10 for every time one of the cellular providers changed the agreement/plan since the late 80's.

I hope Visible and your positive attitude work out.

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Gulfcoast wrote:
GDS-3950BH wrote:
Yet another unlimited data pie in the sky plan from someone filled with marketing mumbo jumbo.

"Free for a limited time, we've removed our cap for as long as you remain a member".

Then the fine print.

"We may change prices, the monthly cost or any other term of your Service or this Agreement at any time, but we'll provide notice first. If you donโ€™t like the change, remember you can cancel at any time. But, if you use your Service after the change takes effect, that means you're accepting the change."

Who is the CEO? Phineas Taylor Barnum?

"It's quite simple really: wherever Verizon has coverage, Visible has coverage. That's the benefit they get from having the powerhouse cell phone carrier as their parent company."

Any yes, your bill can be $25 a month if you get on the party pay plan.

Visible - A Verizon company

It is quite simple really: Yes your bill can be $25 a month on the party pay plan. (Up until they decide to change it). And some tday they will, probably sooner rather than later.

"We may change prices, the monthly cost or any other term of your Service or this Agreement at any time, but we'll provide notice first."

Lots of carriers use Verizons network, and lots use AT&T. Nothing new there.

BTW another fine print snippet from Visable.

"We can, without notice, limit, suspend or end your Service or this Agreement with you for any good cause, including, but not limited to:"

Good Luck with it.

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
GDS-3950BH wrote:
Yet another unlimited data pie in the sky plan from someone filled with marketing mumbo jumbo.

"Free for a limited time, we've removed our cap for as long as you remain a member".

Then the fine print.

"We may change prices, the monthly cost or any other term of your Service or this Agreement at any time, but we'll provide notice first. If you donโ€™t like the change, remember you can cancel at any time. But, if you use your Service after the change takes effect, that means you're accepting the change."

"It's quite simple really: wherever Verizon has coverage, Visible has coverage. That's the benefit they get from having the powerhouse cell phone carrier as their parent company."

Any yes, your bill can be $25 a month if you get on the party pay plan.

Visible - A Verizon company
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
PNW_Steve wrote:
Another thought on the Visible service as a hot-spot you can only connect one device at a time to the hot-spot.

I tinkered with it a bit and have the phone tethered to a reasonably priced router. I get much better Wi-Fi range and the ability to connect more than one device at the same time.

Get a travel router, connect the phone to the router, everything else connects to the router.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer

Then the fine print.

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
I had several cell data plans which ran the bills up to over $200 a month. I cancelled them all while on the Visible plan. I'm thankful, blessed and happy to be at $25 a month with all the data I need.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer