cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

?ampers are on the road

Charley67
Explorer
Explorer
I drove 20 miles on the interstate today and met five campers: two class A, one class C, one 5er, one TT. I was a bit surprised to see that many. I’m looking forward to when we can get out there.
14 REPLIES 14

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
The unfortunate mentality is that I’d you get the virus you die! Fact is if you get you will probably not even notice or it will feel like the flu and run it’s course, of course this is all dependent on your age and health. Being diagnosed with Covid is not a death sentence!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
Last weekend there were a lot of big camper on the road in GA. IDK where they were going or coming from.
The Shutdown is largely a giant hoax. Very small chance to catch a virus, but of course, you do not want to be the one to get it or spread it. Everyone knows the precautions to take.
HCQ is both the cure and the vaccine. Our prez took in in January. Insist on it from the onset.

Charley67
Explorer
Explorer
I realize I can do what I want, but I guess I want the availability of things to do when I get where I’m going. As a poster said on another thread, my RV is my motel room. We’re planning a trip for the end of the month.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
RVs have been trickling in these last few weeks from out of state to the private park near me. Sure they are "self contained," aside from visiting our grocery store as soon as they unhook the toad. No different from the cottagers who are driving up from Chicago for a long weekend on Lake Michigan I guess.

I'm camping this weekend, a few miles from home. I won't be visiting any stores I wouldn't be visiting during my normal routine.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
We're heading here https://caseysrvpark.com/ next weekend for a couple nights. It's about 100 miles from my house. We have a site at the end of a row and no one on our door side.
They also have a disclaimer you have to check when booking stating that no more than 5 people in a group and social distancing guidelines must be adhered too. We don't socialize anyway so we'll have way less contact than going to Safeways or Home Depot. We have a couple other RV parks we'll be heading to after Memorial Day weekend.

gtnsmlr
Explorer
Explorer
It's not a question of how many people are going to die from this virus, millions will by the time it runs its course. The question is who...choice is yours.
The older we get, the faster we go

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Depends on where you are.... For example some of the campgroudns near me opened up this week.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

RambleOnNW
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are over 1.1 million US citizens ill right now and it will likely get much worse as a lot of citizens are following false information about the lack of severity of this illness. A moment in time where the phrase “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country” rang true.

That said RVing being self contained is one of the safer activities. Many of the destinations are in remote counties that are less populated. If those counties want to open up and have low case counts and practice safe distancing and the use of masks I would be all for that.

I would not go to a county where people pretend a dangerous 125 nm virus doesn’t exist and go on with life as it was with no masks and crowding into restaurants.

I am not going to Florida as they are reportedly blocking data:
https://news.wgcu.org/post/state-officials-block-florida-medical-examiners-releasing-data-coronaviru...
2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
Unless you have been diagnosed with the current "virus" then you can do whatever you want within reason. You can go RVing. You can drive.
FAR FAR too many Americans do not understand that the US Constitution grants them/us the freedom to go RVing among other things. That a few people are sick does not mean we are all under arrest. You do not have to stay in your home. You can travel.
If you have been diagnosed with a pathogen then maybe there is something the govt can do to shut you away from the healthy people, they would have to rule on that, and I have not heard any "declaration" that sick people lock down, rather everyone lock down. This is SO SO unconstitutional. Stand up. Civil disobediance is needed.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have seen a few, mostly fivers which are very popular here, and the odd class A. Gives me hope. A little early for local campgrounds under normal circumstances.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Spent the last 2 days in a KOA and as long as you had full hook ups, all was good.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I've only seen a few the past two weeks, probably coming out of storage, recently sold or long term/seasonal. northeast is still on lockdown for the transients at least

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Camreal
Explorer
Explorer
For anyone interested whats going on you can check out the You Tube videos of recent camping adventures out around Arizona and neighboring states on BLM land. Next best thing to being there.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
What's holding you up? We've been camping in Williams AZ this week. Lots of campers here.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE