cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mnnesota and Wisconsin

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Whats the camping environment like in Minnesota and Wisconsin right now?

We will be in Montana Monday and I want to return to FL via Hwy 2 then south once we get to Minnesota. So far we haven't encountered anything more than minor irritations in the states we've been thru. We slipped thru NM before that governor cracked down again. And the worst thing we've seen was closed visitor centers, restaurants, attractions and such.

we have to be back in FL, in mid August, so my wife can work for 3 weeks and retire from the school system.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
6 REPLIES 6

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
There at no travel issues in any of the states that bring you to and including WI. Even south from WI to around TN shouldn't be an issue. Beyond that I can't say much more. Enjoy your trip.

We just got back a couple hours ago from SD (Sioux Falls). We were in the Rockies until Thursday, stayed in Agra by at a new RV resort 20 min from RMNP. Left North into WY mad stopped in Hot Springs SD for the night. We had no issues any where we went.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've been alternating 3 or 4 days of boondocking with a FHU park or a COE park if we are back in their territory. So we could boondock weekends and get a FHU during the week.

Right now we are up in the air, my wife works for the schools and the local school board is trying to determine which way the political wind is blowing. She was supposed to be back 8/24 but now they are talking about special training on the week of 8/10 which may be online or maybe not. Right now they have plans that no middle schoolers would follow, period.

So we cannot make long term reservations right now.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
MN state and local county campgrounds are open. Most of the visitor and information centers are closed. Some bathrooms are open but, not all. It depends if they have enough staff around to sanitize them several times a day.

I agree with the above posters. You may find it hard to make a reservation, better try now and keep trying, you may get lucky.

All of the local campgrounds are really full. Even ones that are not used often. I suppose since no one can go to a baseball game / concerts or other indoor events like that they are saying "The Heck With It, Lets Go Camping" . I'm not really sure why but, it's been a busy camping season around here. Starting to slow down a little. As it often does after the 4th.

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you hit Wisconsin on a weekend without reservations you will probably have a hard time finding a site. A guy I know just had to spend Friday night at a truckstop because of no open sites near Wisconsin Dells. Wasn't finding anything for Saturday night north of Milwaukee, last I heard.
During the week should be fine.
JK
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
In Wisconsin, all of the state parks are now by on-line reservation only and most of them are full. Many private campgrounds have spots open except on weekends, then most are full through the end of August.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Kinda of a general question. We are traveling to Wisconsin early August and made reservations at one place with no problem and had a reservation at the other place for our annual trip.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)