Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cabinet door material

icodeintx
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings everyone,

In the process of redoing my 5th wheel I need to replace two damaged doors that originally had this expanded metal in them.

I've not been able to find this product nor am I too excited to replace it with the same stuff.

It would be nice to hear your creative ideas.

Thanks
Scott
Scott D - Desert Storm Veteran
7 REPLIES 7

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or maybe just use quarter inch Baltic Birch plywood and use a forstner bit to cut a few holes for ventilation??
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

icodeintx
Explorer
Explorer
Well off to the big box store again, lol. I should have my own parking spot there.
Scott D - Desert Storm Veteran

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Shutter doors.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Home Depot carries sheet metal in 36 x 36 punched out decorative patterns. It can be cut to size with a pair of tin snips.

Clicky

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
You can find something similar in the form of a pet guard for a patio sliding screen and cut it to size
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you require something that permits air circulation?

Big box hardware stores have various punched metal sheets. You could also likely find various forms of louvers and heating registers that could be mounted in a solid panel of plywood or whatever.

If you want an early American sort of look, maybe a sheet of tin punched with nail holes (and possibly also embossed) in some decorative pattern would be good, such as might be found on a pie safe.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Why do you need expanded metal?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad