cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New problem

mikemc53
Explorer
Explorer
OK, got the starting issue fixed, and thanks to all here who offered help and suggestions. Now to a less critical but still annoying issue.

To work on the starter we had to raise the unit of on the front levelers. Once retracted they still say that the jacks are down (Power Gear Manual Leveling System). This has happened occasionally in the past and always straightened out after a little drive. I am guessing low reservoir fluid is the main culprit but I have two issue yet. Don't know where the reservoir is and I also don't know where the fuse for the system is. I have looked in the owners manual (2004 Holiday Ramble Vacationer 37 PCT) but the fuse diagrams do not show the leveling system or location of the reservoir.

Thoughts?
2021 Gulf Stream Conquest 6250 (Class C)
6 REPLIES 6

MrWizard
The jack alarm light on mine is signaled
Via a float switch in the reservoir
If fluid is low it will alarm even with all jacks retracted, occasionally it sticks, and will signal not retracted, with jacks up and fluid is marginally enough and jacks working,
To replace the internal float switch would be a messy slow process, can't be done without removing reservoir from pump
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
It sounds to me that your jacks are retracting all the way but your lights on your dash does not show that because they are still lit. Is that correct? If so I would look for a switch that controls the light. On mine it is a mercury switch mounted to the top of the jack itself and every once and a while I have to clean the ground to get it to go off. The ground is a wire with a terminal grounded by a small machine bolt.

MrWizard
On this MH, the pump and reservoir is curbside up front, access is thru the wheel well , I think the mounting location, is a Fleetwood thing,
but who knows, maybe yours is also there
As for fuses, mine are in the battery control center box with the relays and other fuses,
Do you have this box under the front engine hatch/mini hood,
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok first VISUALLY inspect the jacks to insure no SLIVER is showing above the pads. (If there is hit the RETRACT ALL again and if it still shows take another jack (like a bottle jack) Center under pad and lift a bit and hit all retract.

If that does not do it or of no silver showing you got to find the tank, and the tank is.. Connected to the pump.. So have parther operate jacks while you do the walk around and use the ears to locate pump

Workhorse Custom Chassis it was front and center under hood behind .. well there is no bumper but that's what it's behind.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I deleted the post because my voice was not interpreted properly. Also edit was giving me Fits.

When in re-tract Mode place a board like a 2 x 6 on edge and pry each foot up. One of them may just be off a little. You might also lubricate the ram when it is down.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Have someone run the jacks while you listen for the hydraulic pump. The reservoir is attached to it in many jack systems. The fill on mine if the vent cap that unscrews.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker