cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to know when freshwater tank is full?????

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad

I have been RVing since 1979. During this time, I have owned a dozen or more travel trailers and or 5th wheels RVs. Each of these RVs had a gravity freshwater fill port with a vent/overfill drain at a location that was easy to see when the freshwater tank was full. We boondocks more than 75% of the time; therefore, it is very important to have a full freshwater type.

Our current 5th wheel does not have a gravity freshwater filled port and the vent/overflow drain is located near the wheels where it is almost impossible to see when the freshwater tank is full and water overflows. I thought about running some type of hose, connected to the existing vent/overflow drain to someplace such as near the City water hose connection so I can see when the freshwater tank is full. Do any of you have a better suggestion?

Iโ€™m not trying to address the problem of siphoning water out of the freshwater tank. There are other threads which address the siphoning problem.

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
3 REPLIES 3

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III

does your water fill not have an incorperated vent? most do..  if not you could just change out the water fill to a new one with a vent and run the vent line to that.  personaly I fill y tanks till I get a water coming out of the overflow vent then I stop.  probably not the way to do it but I have been doing that for 40 years now. 

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

StirCrazy.  I do not have a gravity fill water fill.

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

sorry when I see gravity fill I think of the old ones that poped out so you could use a bucket to fill.  how do you fill it then, a valve off your city hookup?  

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100