cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Refer died

pismopete
Explorer
Explorer
My Dometic RM2852 needs to be replaced. Does anyone know what I have to order to replace it that will fit in the same opening? Thanks for your help.
7 REPLIES 7

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
huntram wrote:
I wouldn't say it's "quite easy" to replace a cooling unit. Most RV Repair shops won't even do it anymore because it's so much work. Having said that my buddy and I (mainly him with my help) have replaced two so far. RV Enthusiast Magazine May 2021 has a full breakdown on how to do this.

Not sure why you think it is a lot of work, took me less than a hour to replace mine.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
huntram wrote:
I wouldn't say it's "quite easy" to replace a cooling unit. Most RV Repair shops won't even do it anymore because it's so much work. Having said that my buddy and I (mainly him with my help) have replaced two so far. RV Enthusiast Magazine May 2021 has a full breakdown on how to do this.

I have been replacing Cooling units for 42 years. For me, It is as easy as pie. I can replace a 4 door 1200 Norcold Cooling unit is less than 2.5 hours. A standard 6 or 8 CF 2 door in about 1.5 hours. Where do you get your knowledge that "Most RV repair shops won't do it anymore"? The PROFIT is extremely worth while for some shops. The use rebuilt and charge almost as much as new for the part and charge from 4.0 to 6.0 hours labor. If the shop states it is too much work, I would NEVER have them work on anything for my RV. Doug

huntram
Explorer
Explorer
Our traveling blog:Brian and Patty's Awesome Adventure
2014 Ram 3500, Western Brown, Laramie, CrewCab Dually, Aisin Trans, CTD, 2011 Carriage Cameo 32FWS 5th wheel.

SJ-Chris
Explorer
Explorer
pismopete wrote:
My Dometic RM2852 needs to be replaced. Does anyone know what I have to order to replace it that will fit in the same opening? Thanks for your help.

I had the same refrigerator on one of my 2015 RVs stop cooling. Here is a great post you definitely should read in it's entirety. It should save you some $$$ and illustrate that it is fairly easy to replace your cooling unit if it is bad.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/30167880/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1.cfm

Happy Camping!
Chris
San Jose, CA
Own two 2015 Thor Majestic 28a Class C RVs

pismopete
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I agree with Boon Docker don't replace the whole thing just the cooling unit.

Other wise go to the Dometic web page and read the size specs.. Most of them are one of 3 sizes. But I'd replace the cooling unit.. in fact.. I did.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
One of these replacement cooling units. Quite easy to replace.