cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Really Struggling to Decide on spot for diesel heater

moonlitsouls
Explorer
Explorer
Guys , i have a Mr buddy heater but im going to switch to a diesel heater because the buddy heater is drying out my eyes a bit, i know people say its safe for indoor use , but my gut is telling me to stop using it inside. As most of you know , we are very limited with our space inside our campers and i dont have much storage space , any ideas on where to mount the chinese diesel heater? Heres a quick 1 min video showing you my model camper (not my actual)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K65ac7vOSTY
14 REPLIES 14

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
OP
Search YT;
chinese diesel heater in truck camper
Plenty of vids there

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Geo*Boy wrote:
โ€œany ideas on where to mount the chinese diesel heater?โ€œ
Best place for Chinese junk, is donโ€™t buy it in the first place!

If its reliable and price is right why not.?

Smalest Espar diesel cost 3x as much.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
moonlitsouls wrote:
ok check this out guys , what if i mount the heater itself in the space under the tv , then run both lines down , exhaust to one side , intake to the other , as seen in the two red lines , then the tank i could mount up directly up against the base of the camper so that it will sit flush with the pickup bed back wall

I see. Technically it is doable, but you will sleep with running blower in the same bad, not to mention esthetics.
I'd plan on putting tank in truck bed, on the side of camper. Not only out of the way, but you will minimalize fuel pump noise.
Some campers have door to the space, what would make refueling easy.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Burning propane in an unvented heater will add moisture the air.
Maybe the heater isn't burning properly?

moonlitsouls
Explorer
Explorer
so in theory , its perfectly fine to drill through the fiberglass overhead cab yes? i mean its not ideal , id rather go through the basement but i need to be creative here

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mr Heater says on their website if they are safe or not. YMMV, but I think they are ok.

[url]ttps://www.mrheater.com/portable-buddy-heater.html[/ur;]

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

moonlitsouls
Explorer
Explorer
noteven wrote:
Once you get it installed if the noise of the fuel pump gets on your nerves take a look at Foresty Forest u tube channel he is running a very quiet pump invented by a guy in England.

i like his channel , not too worried about the pump right now , just location , did you see the photo i added two posts up?

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Once you get it installed if the noise of the fuel pump gets on your nerves take a look at Foresty Forest u tube channel he is running a very quiet pump invented by a guy in England.

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
โ€œany ideas on where to mount the chinese diesel heater?โ€œ
Best place for Chinese junk, is donโ€™t buy it in the first place!

moonlitsouls
Explorer
Explorer
ok check this out guys , what if i mount the heater itself in the space under the tv , then run both lines down , exhaust to one side , intake to the other , as seen in the two red lines , then the tank i could mount up directly up against the base of the camper so that it will sit flush with the pickup bed back wall

moonlitsouls
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
The Chinese, $100 heaters are very popular in lot of RV, especially in van conversions.
The main issue for installation is finding some floor with lot of space under for the piping.
That rules out main TC floor, when wings can't have anything sticking down for loading.
That leaves only floor under rear overhang, where passenger side has shower.
The video is not showing clearly what you have on driver side overhang, but that would be the only area for heater installation.
If you don't plan on extreme cold temperatures, you can go for portable heater option, where it would stand, or hang outside and only 2" duct would connect it to camper.

the driver side of the overhang is a little basement area compartment but i wont have much room to work there and get it fastened securely

there is another option , under the tv there is an open space , its carpeted like the rest of the cab over and it was housing some wiring for all the tv / radio stuff , i actually opened up that compartment when i was wiring some solar and since then , ive put my soundbar there lol , worked out , but maybe i can repurpose that area for the heater , this would require me to drill the exhaust and air intake tubes directly down through the cabover and run those hoses on opposite sides of the camper

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
The Chinese, $100 heaters are very popular in lot of RV, especially in van conversions.
The main issue for installation is finding some floor with lot of space under for the piping.
That rules out main TC floor, when wings can't have anything sticking down for loading.
That leaves only floor under rear overhang, where passenger side has shower.
The video is not showing clearly what you have on driver side overhang, but that would be the only area for heater installation.
If you don't plan on extreme cold temperatures, you can go for portable heater option, where it would stand, or hang outside and only 2" duct would connect it to camper.

moonlitsouls
Explorer
Explorer
i just had a thought , what about on my roof??

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ah! I was told, and now do, to put a pan of water on top of my wood burning stove. Makes all the difference in the world, putting the humidity back in the air (that's what's drying your eyes out). And...leave a window cracked open.