cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to get AOL mail through Windows Microsoft mail

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
I know there is a process that exists that will make AOL mail load in Windows mail just like Gmail or any other mail. I have done this and have seen a Youtube video that instructs the process. I changed my AOL password and tried for two days without success to find the Youtube instructions. If anyone could direct me to the link that tells me the steps, I would greatly appreciate it.
9 REPLIES 9

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
mikestock wrote:

I never paid before. Still set up on another computer until I tried to change PW.

Good !

If you changed your PW on your AOL account, then MS mail reds to be reconfigured with the new password !

Once you know the process this is a 1-minute fix. Just don't forget how to do it, as I did. As little logic is apparent, it works.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
AOL.. I remember signing up with them in the mid 90's.. My first real 'internet' experience.. You got those 'free' cd disks in the mail, sign up and get 28.8 modem speed! ha, ha..

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
mikestock wrote:

I never paid before. Still set up on another computer until I tried to change PW.

Good !

If you changed your PW on your AOL account, then MS mail reds to be reconfigured with the new password !

I get my AOL legacy email using IMAP in Thunderbird client for free. Works great, though sending emails sometimes return an error.

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
FOUND IT
link to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnvB7PygjMc.
I will not lose it again.

thanks all

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
Search on "link aol mail to windows mail". It will bring up a bunch of links with instructions.

Couldn't get this to work either. I remember that, at some point you have to have windows assign a password that means nothing to me, the user, and I don't know why, but it eventually opens all AOL mail just like it downloads gmail accounts and I can send from ant AOL mail address just like any other. ARRRG!

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
The service you want to set up is called IMAP. Some mail services (AOL?) do not support it unless you are a paying customer.

You would be able to find instruction for using IMAP with Windows mail.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Search on "link aol mail to windows mail". It will bring up a bunch of links with instructions.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
The service you want to set up is called IMAP. Some mail services (AOL?) do not support it unless you are a paying customer.

You would be able to find instruction for using IMAP with Windows mail.